Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Moar tire/sprocket questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
doc_simple

doc_simple

Moar tire/sprocket questions Empty
PostSubject: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:19 pm

just mounted new skins and new rear sprocket. I have a front 12t but i figured with the rear at 48 should be plenty mo go juice at 13. That 48t sprocket looks huge next to the stock.

Couple questions:
1) Should a Kenda Trackmaster II be rough to mount? I had a bear of a time getting it on and now the rubber with the lines that meets the rim is not really aligned well. I can see more of it on one side of the wheel than the opposite side. Maybe a couple mm's. Will this settle while riding? If it's not normal that wheel is going to a shop cuz I'm beat.

2) I bought a 114 link chain. Debating how many to slice off right away. I want to use a 14t front sprocket eventually so I was thinking to cut down to 112?

thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:37 pm

112 will work will 13/48 and 14/48
(I'm running 13/48)

as for your rear tire, air it down, break the bead, add soapy water and fill it with air, that should seal your bead and make it even
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Nice, thanks! How do you like the 13/48 combo? I'm hoping there is some more front end lift with hard accel. i'm not real comfortable controlling the clutch while going up. Hell, Im not confortable with wheelies... yet  Very happy

Re-seated, still not perfect but I'll ride it a little and see if it settles in.

TwoBuells wrote:
112 will work will 13/48 and 14/48
(I'm running 13/48)

as for your rear tire, air it down, break the bead, add soapy water and fill it with air, that should seal your bead and make it even

Last edited by doc_simple on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 pm

I like the 13/48 a lot. I just installed back in Dec and don't have off road miles yet.
the bike is much snappier but my other two street bikes are v-twin sportbikes and with all that torque its real easy to wheelie. for me its much harder to rev the bike high and wheelie but I will get used to it.

The WR does pop up nice in second gear with my 13/48 set-up

Moar tire/sprocket questions IMG_0905_zpse72c2150
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

thats looking sweet with the black and the gytr rear sprocket. I went cheap on the sprocket. I figured once I find the ones I love I'll upgrade to the shiny.

Can't wait to get this off road though:
Moar tire/sprocket questions 20150311
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 am

Cant go wrong with cheap steel sprockets. At least that's what my wife/wallet tells me.
I ran 13/48 through the woods last season. This season I'm put on the 50t dinner plate.

Moar tire/sprocket questions 20141021_175524
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moar tire/sprocket questions   Moar tire/sprocket questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Moar tire/sprocket questions
Page 1 of 1