Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Customizing my WRR

Go down 
+9
mcdoudlehopper
N8
rsteiger
Atomist
blusmoke
Evol
rarepartbuilder
Biglake
YZEtc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: shock info   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Traveller wrote:
After riding it a bit more this week, made the decision to send off the suspension.   Once that's handled, I know that I'll enjoy it a lot more this year.   It's still winter, and I want to be ready to go in a couple weeks.   So, Travis at Go-Race is getting another set of suspenders to work on!   We'll see how money works out, and if things work I'll be ordering a Dobeck Gen 4 in 4 weeks or so.   Was trying for the end of February.   We'll see how money works out.    If the suspension helps make the tires work better, I'll wear them down a bit before replacing them this summer some time.   Can't spend a ton of money on the bike all at once unless I get rid of a motor or two.  

Im curious about what weight you will dial the new rear shock into? I understand your weight but what about luggage /bags etc,,, what will the weight limitation be on the bike over and above your body weight to maintain what you are looking for from the new shock performance wise?
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:22 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: thanks    Customizing my WRR EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:33 am

ok thanks .. was just curious how the shock vendor was satisfied he had enough info/what info.. to build a shock...especially with the end goal of having a happy customer. If you create a build or mod thread i will be following along to get an idea how all the fine tuning works thumb

I bumped into a pretty thorough site HERE if you are interested in alot of wr build/follow up info.

regards

~b~
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:13 am

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 am

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Sounds great. :)
Be sure to come back and post your feelings on the new suspension work.
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:12 am

Great.
Nothing like really liking the bike you're riding. :)

Thank you for posting your thoughts as you may not realize just how many riders, on many forums and message boards, will state their mission and intent of modifications (often costing serious money), yet not come back to inform of the results afterward.
Often, in fact, recommending others do the same mods without giving any details of their impressions at any point along the way. :(
Thanks, again.

Most personal computers have a program called "Paint" that allows you to easily scribble over the license plate digits, save the image with the new scribbling, and then let you do as needed with it.
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Awesome review of the suspension work thumb

I went with gold valves in mine, its not perfect but its a thousand times better than stock!
I plan on revalving it again once the garage warms up some, its too cold right now to be doing something that can wait till spring.

If the WRR came with a rear shock with decent valving it would be way more popular IMO, it makes it way faster and funner to ride offraod thumb
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Traveller your bike is coming together nicely! I have a question about the 4 page booklet provided for your new suspension ... is this something you could scan{adjustment details} and post up for others to read? At first i thought that the info may be proprietary to the vendor... but after a few read the suspension adjustment details it could maybe lead to further sales maybe?
anyway... best of luck on the desert ride.

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 11:46 am

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:34 am

traveller.....needpics of all these farkles landing on that baby.

also with the 30mm bar riser did you have to re-route any control cables..etc? I read through the thread but didnt notice any comment on problems/changes.
Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Customizing my WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: