Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New WR250R rider

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
satoumasaaki

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 11:29 pm

hi everybody! I just picked up my 2013 WR today!!! It's a tall bike for me but with lowering link and lowering front forks so I can do tippy toes. I could only ride a few miles today because of rain. I love the feeling of engine, suspension and body. It's such a good looking bike with quality!!!

I already bought cycra's hand guards to install this week. Next target is flatland skid plate. I'm gonna go in dirt first time this spring! What else I need to get to get ready for woods and dirt? Any recommendations are appreciated!

Masaaki from Brooklyn NY
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 11:50 am

Welcome, lots of differant ways to lower the bike, even low cut seats, seat concept`s, lots to read on this site, have fun, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Welcome, my best advice is to bring a friend on another bike
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Whats your inseam? Shog Seams like everyone is trigger happy with the lowering link. Took me a while but got used to the height. Just wondering!
Back to top Go down
satoumasaaki

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Thank you for warm welcoming everybody.
Definitely I will go though this website and study mods and improvement to make my own wr250r.
My actual inseam is 30" and I wear 31" inseam jeans haha. I'm only 5'7".
I'm gonna try with stock seat for awhile, then if I don't get used to it, I want to try concept seats. Their seat seems quite a big improvement compared to stocks. I can't wait to finish breaking in the engine and enjoy riding it!!!
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 am

I'm 5'6 and all I did was the stock lowering of the bike and it works for me. I can only tippy toe one side but that's all I need personally.
Back to top Go down
satoumasaaki

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

I'm going to try to go on dirt and woods this Spring for the first time. So I think it's better both leg tippy toes than one leg tippy toe. I have heard there is pro and con about lowering link, but I don't know it will affect me in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Thinking about the seat concepts as well. Im ok with the height bit could use an inch lower at 5'7", going for comfort! would rather invest money tword a seat and not a lowering link. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider Empty

Back to top Go down

New WR250R rider
Page 1 of 1