Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie

Go down 
+22
mr-cave
Superchimp
GaryH
jundat
velvetcows
adamoto
BWA
0007onWR
Midnite171
mash100
12oclocker
Matty
NorgeWR2X
gregli
denniswrr
inspector
f3joel
YZEtc
mfrankpdx
marty
ZED
motokid
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mr-cave

mr-cave

wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

motokid wrote:
mr-cave wrote:
Yesterday i tried to do power wheelies (standing up) in 3rd gear.
I managed to do it once and i went pretty far on one wheel.

Today i tried again and managed to do it several times. My feeling is that it is actually easier to controll the bike standing up in 3rd gear. I think i manged to go about 700-800meters today.

NO CLUTCH in 3rd gear????

Standing on front pegs, or rear pegs, or stunt pegs?

Just standing on the usual foot pegs (front).
I do it in around 75-80 km/h were i feel tht the bike has right power.
A quick drop on the throttle.
Then i just compress the suspension with my bodyweight and then if you hit the throttle correct and lean back the bike will rise on one wheel.
No clutch used.

At that gear and speed it is "kind" of easy to keep it up because the wind resistance will help you a little.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 pm

bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:30 am

Wery short clip of me doing a wheelie in 3rd gear.
It was about zero degres so this whas all i got for this time.
Superfoggy and slippery on the roads... GAHHHH

I tried to monitor the speedo but the picture is too bad.....
But speed is about 75km/h when front is lifting.

Only for you MOTOKID cheers
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 am

bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:35 am

Not me, but I found this online

Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:38 am

if you watch the first 15 seconds of this video, you can see me clutch up a wheelie in first, and then shift into second gear and set it down. I prefer to clutch wheelies up. Much more consistent. When just using the suspension and throttle, I could never get the same results over and over. The clutch delivers those results. If you watch the video, you can see that its just a quick one finger pull of the clutch, just enough to make the clutch slip. It is hard to explain. Its just something you have to try.

https://youtu.be/-rKgc6Y08Mw
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Gonna revive this...

So for some reason comin out of a corner in second I can power wheelie, goin straight it's almost always a no go. Short of some major bouncing and tugging.. I think there's some suspension preload phenomena going on?

Basically 2nd gear through a corner. Throttled right on the edge of breaking loose and drifting... I'm guessing around 25mph with stock bike, 12-43 gearing and a speedo drd... 160lb rider... The rear suspension compresses down pretty hard in the corner, I think this is the key, cause the front doesn't compress as much. When the bikes half wayish back up on the exit of the corner, the front starts to decompress a little before the rear does, n I just throw my weight back n pull up... Gently apply throttle as I'm doin it. Barley any at all to avoid tire spin... The rear is still compressed from the hard corner so it doesn't suck up any energy from my body movement.... It comes up at an angle... Maybe 65-75 degrees? Hard to judge on the bike... I finish straightening the bike out on the rear tire alone... This is one wheelie that you gotta play out the cards as they are dealt and adjust accordingly... A lot of the time I want to go for it, but something just doesn't feel right so I roll outa the corner like normal... I'd guess that thinking about it would cause a longer reaction time and I'd end up eating shit... Gotta feel it out... One of the coolest feelings I've ever felt on a bike... Besides for droppin down a near vertical 30 foot hill on the rear alone and getting that stomach drop rollercoaster effect on the bottom of it. That was a four wheeler thing, although I have been tempted to try it on the wrr...

I like doin wheelies a little too much... I ate it hard in second around 30 once... I still say that's not my fault.. It was about 90 degrees out and the bike was running on the doggy side of things... I slowly compensated but the temp dropped and she went from doggy to snappy mid wheelie... Half a second to late on the rear brake... By the time I hit it I just compressed the rear suspension n slammed the tail into the ground harder... My plates too messed up to tell now but I tapped the rear down a couple times before this n left a bite mark in the plate... I can power up in first and click second and third without touching down... I only got third a couple times and was only there for a couple seconds before I ran outa room... Parkin lot was just a little too short... It does seem like third makes holding the balance point easier.. Gearing and inertia coming into play there... Still looking for a longer practice area...

Anyways, I'd guess adjusting the rear suspension on the stiff side would provide an easier wheelie... Haven't tried it but the rear being compressed seems to greatly aid the process...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie   wheelie - Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Gear No Clutch Power Wheelie
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3