Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18

Go down 
+8
romaracer
66T
Fiftygrit
thegg
dogfarm
Biglake
abchel
doc_simple
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18   Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 3:53 am

I can imagine the MT43 wouldn't be too great travelling to anywhere on sealed roads at 65mph. Might be outside their design parameter. They seem to be relatively soft in the tread, which is one reason they grip so well. I believe any trials-type front tyre takes some getting used to. They do tend to 'walk' around a bit, but after a while you get used to it. It is, however, scary riding in wet and slippery mud with these critters on the front (my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Delay

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18   Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:25 pm

The MT43 works superb offroad in dry conditions. And yes, it sucks big time when there is deep and wet mud.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18   Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:30 pm

dhally wrote:
thegg wrote:
I have been extremely impressed with the MT43's abilities off road.  It seems to find and maintain traction better than the D606's that I had before.  So far, I like the Dunlop on the road better, but I am trying to work with the MT43 to see if I can make it work better on the road.....I don't want to give up!

The other thing that may help me is to have the front wheel balanced.  I never ran a beadlock with the D606's before, maybe that is the shudder I am feeling on the road with the new tires.

I've found that rim locks work OK up to 45-50 mph, but after that they need to be balanced out.  I got the lightweight locks and the instructions had their weight.  I just put the equal amount of spoke weights opposite, and it works fine as fast as I can go.

crazy_dave wrote:
Second this^^^^^^ I ended up drilling out some old 3/4oz splitshot fishing sinkers to use as spoke weights.
Had to use what was on hand but it turned out to work great.

I put two of the lightweight MotionPro rimlocks on the rear and lined up the valve stem with the "dot" on the tire and must have got lucky, because I can run the MT43 up to the bikes max speed on pavement without any vibration.

I run an MT21 up front.

Going to try the MotoZ Mountain Hybrid next on the rear.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18   Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:53 pm

I run car wheel style stick on weights under the rim strip straight acrossed from the motion pro lite locks I have on my wheels, the weights are buried under a couple layers of tape so they don't poke the tube.
I forget exactly how much the lite locks weigh but its on the package. I also did this to my brothers klx300 with stock and much heavier rim locks, it took more weight(again I forget the exact amount it was 3-4 ozs) but his wheels don't shake either.

I find it easier to change tires with only one rim lock to deal with and my wheels don't shake at all up to top speed with this set up. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18   Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirelli MT 43 4.0 x 18
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2