Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism

Go down 
+14
X-Racer
josh
pbnut
little squirt
Midnite171
mattf
bren5279
Stubbz
mrdoo2
SheWolf
inspector
CDNSXV
Chrispy1200
motokid
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism Empty
PostSubject: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Anybody doing "semi-illegal" Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 53647 riding on their X's?

Steps? Handicapped ramps? Loading docks?

I'd like to know some basic step riding techniques if you got them?
Going up steps specifically. The approach, the first step, how your throttle hand plays the engine, shifting gears.....??????

In the mornings when I ride to work I love to hit a sidewalk handicap ramp and get some air under both tires. That's the extent of my "jumping" experience to date.

Help a newb to the hooligan world out here.

What you doin' that might make a few people in uniform want to talk to you just a bit?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:01 pm

There's a train stop that mostly deserted during the weekends not far from my house. Bunch of stairs going down to the parking lot, half paved / half gravel and it's on on two levels. It's my own little supermoto / trials track.

The popo did pay me a visit one day but overall were pretty good about it as the place is far from any houses though they didn't really see exactly where I was riding......... Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 942737
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Quote :
I'd like to know some basic step riding techniques if you got them?
Going up steps specifically. The approach, the first step, how your throttle hand plays the engine, shifting gears.....??????

Going down I generally hold the clutch in and use the front brake to control the speed. This is for big sets where you don't want to go too fast or you will die.

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism SumoStairs1

Going up, the key is approach speed. You can't go too slowly or the bike will stall on the way up. It takes a bit of practice cause it is a mindfuck riding straight at a set of stairs at prob 15-20 kms/hr. I lean back just before hitting the first step and give it a shot of gas to get the bike to begin the climb. Depending on how big the set is you will need to keep on the gas.

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism SumoStairs6

Quote :
Anybody doing "semi-illegal" riding on their X's?

I don't like to limit myself that way. I go full hog illegal. wings

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism UrbanSumo8

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism UrbanSumo4

Disclaimer: I gotta get the suspension on my WRX sorted out before doing this kind of thing on it cause it keeps bottoming out on the big jumps and dragging the frame going over the edge on the big stairs. GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 am

How much money did it cost to get your wr250x to look exactly like an Aprilia? Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism Lol

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

Bwahahahah.

Very nice!!!
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Quote :
How much money did it cost to get your wr250x to look exactly like an Aprilia?

Not nearly as much as it cost to get 70 hp out of that little 250 motor. Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 61865 Hey Hooli I was wondering when you were gonna chime in here. This post was screaming your name. Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 810411

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Quote :
This post was screaming your name.
Actually it was screaming my name. I am after all the Hooligan Champion and have a trophy to prove it. Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism 89954

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism HooliganChamp
Back to top Go down
mrdoo2

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

heres my set of stairs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN8h-P21KEI . i was a bit sluggish but it was my second set ive ever done.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Ha ha ha...so today I finally hit a small set of steps.

What a douche. I am so glad I did not bring anyone to record it. I must
have looked like a spazzzzz. Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism Anim_peep

I found this small set of 5 concrete steps with no handrail, and in a
secluded spot where nobody could see me fail. (if I failed)

I had to bump up over the curb from a parking lot, cross a very narrow
sidewalk, then take the 5 steps up to another parking lot.

Getting over the curb was fine, but I think my front tire hit the first
step just as my rear tire was passing over the curb. I was in first
gear. Hindsight says second gear might be a better way to go next time.

I guess I goosed the throttle a bit for the first step and when my rear
tire hit the first step it bounced my feet off the foot pegs.

In a retarded spazz on speed kinda way when I fell to the seat I must
have twisted the throttle a bit more because the front wheel lifted up
off the last step and I was wheelie-like floundering with my feet off
the pegs and still needing to get my rear tire up the last step or two.

Fortunately I'm on a wr250x. Not a ton of power. I was able to release
the twist on the throttle and lower the front end just as my rear tire
got grip on the last step and presto....

I had managed to climb my first set of small steps.

It was FFFFFFUUUUUUGGGGGLLLLLYYYYY...but it was done.

Looking forward to next attempt with much less spazz-drama and much
better control.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:36 pm

The entire trick to going UP stairs is the approach speed. Almost everyone goes too slow the first few times cause it seems counterintuitive to ride straight at what looks like a wall. I'd stick to first gear as that is where you will get the most low end torque. Just increase your approach speed. Lean back a bit and just as the front tire hits the first step, give it a little shot of throttle and you will zip up those steps like they are not even there.
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am

Good info man, although you may be saying first is a better gear for your SXV but keep in mind how really short the WR 1st gear is, most have them geared lower also so first is basically nothing. First is probly perfect for stock gearing tho cuz thats pretty tall
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 pm

how did you go about getting an award for that??? and does ur bike really have 70hp? I immagine thats with a turbo and big bore if so...
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

bren5279 wrote:
how did you go about getting an award for that??? and does ur bike really have 70hp? I immagine thats with a turbo and big bore if so...

the 70 HP is in his Aprilia, not a WR250X
Back to top Go down
Stubbz

Stubbz

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:49 pm

even a turbo wouldn't put out 70HP on the 250x lol
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm ok with stairs and stuff. I do have a hard time crossing the train tracks though. I can get the front tire over the first track but by the time the rear tire is about the go over the first track, the front wheel is ready to go over the 2nd track. Add in the thrill of being stuck between a LIVE working train track and it just makes me nervous. Been stuck before when I heard a train a coming and I just jumped off the bike and gave it some juice and popped the clutch to get over. That'll get the adrenaline going! get the f out
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:29 pm

My small stairs

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 am

This guy is a WINNER and drinking dragon's blood for sure.

click me yo!

bow bow bow bow bow bow

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 am

LOVE that video... It's kind of my inspiration.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 pm

That guy needs a UNICYCLE. Amazing abilty and balls.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Just a word of advice... Don't try a stoppie on a unicycle. wings
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 am

Urban Hooliganism

(2 DRZ's, an Aprilia 550 and WR250X as the camera bike)

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 am

bow bow bow

Awesome.

more vids please

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 am

We have done nine videos. Supermoto Hooligans 1 - 8 and Supermoto in Slow motion. Hooligans 1 - 4 were filmed last year and 5 - 8 plus Slow Motion were filmed this year. Slow Motion is kind of a compilation video from many different rides. Generally each video documents a single ride, although there can be a small amount of cross-over. The later vids are the best because my film editing skills are constantly improving and our riding as a group has improved as well. Also we are finding new and bigger jumps and obstacles to ride. We are doing stuff this year I never though we would do....... beavis As an ex-roadracer, dropping off a loading dock is fricken SCARY the first few times. cripple

You can look up last years vids, they are all on YouTube.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 am

bow freaky bow thumb cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism   Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism Empty

Back to top Go down

Stairs & Urban Warfare - Hooliganism
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next