Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KLRchickie

The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing Empty
PostSubject: The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing   The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing EmptyMon May 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi folks!  It has been some time since I checked in on this board.

Our local (Calgary, AB) SuperMoto club has just started a new season on the *brand new* Kart Track built at Strathmore, AB by the CKRC. (See our club webpage in my sig if you're local to this area and interested.)

Yesterday was the first racing on the new track and *my* first racing ever!
The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing Award_small
No, I didn't win.  I was 5th out of five teams - as expected.
I was given this award as the "Most Improved Rider of the Day".  
I rode in my first race ever in the morning, one of a team of three in a three hour Mini Endurance Race on my TTR125 (so an hour of riding) and then did my second race in the afternoon.  I did the two hour SuperMoto Endurance Race solo, with no breaks, on my WR250X, and accomplished reasonably consistent lap times for the entire two hours.  (There was one other solo rider, who had to take refuelling breaks, and three teams of two - all on 450s.)
I am also the first woman who has ever raced SuperMoto with this club.  My team name of "The Iron Turtle" seemed pretty appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing   The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing EmptyMon May 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Congrats KLRchickie!
Back to top Go down

The Iron Turtle - Endurance Racing
Page 1 of 1