Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Mirrors

Go down 
+2
boogn1sh
Nice Rumble
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

My mirror solution. Rather than have a tall stalk and look over your shoulder these enable you to look under your arm. They are convex and work well. Are they DOT legal and work as well as OEM, probably not but they are surely more low profile. http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Equipment/adjustable_mirror1.htm

Mirrors IMG_3680-1

Mirrors IMG_3677
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Sweet mod, thanks for sharing. What type of bar risers are you using?
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Risers   Mirrors EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Got them here: http://www.barrisersonline.com/

Picked up a left over '08 WRR today. First mod was to raise the bar so to speak. 1 1/2 inch rise. Comes with stainless steel hex head bolts. Quality piece.

Mirrors IMG_3640

Mirrors IMG_3641

Mirrors IMG_3642

Mirrors IMG_3643

Mirrors IMG_3644
Back to top Go down
derm75

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 pm

I've seen these and wanted to get a pair for my KLR, but wasn't sure how well they worked. How would you compare them to standard mirrors for visibility to the rear and sides?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:08 am

how do I actually order that? and in pairs? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 am

Personally I tried a little mirror like that on the left side and found it to be scary on the road. Looking under your armpit does not give you enough of a view of oncoming traffic in the lane to your left. Those would be fine on the R² as a mirror for the trails, etc... but not for any long road trips.

I decided to go with this set up instead. On the left is a Rizoma Logic mirror and on the right is a CRG Hindsight bar end mirror that I clamped to the bars much like yours. The CRG mirror is good enough for seeing traffic on your right, but I just felt like I needed something above my left hand and not below it. My left mirror is not very high and it extends outboard more than a stock mirror so I can see over my left arm. And it is a much lower profile than the mouse ears it had from the factory so it looks good too.

Mirrors ZetaGuards2
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am

derm75 wrote:
I've seen these and wanted to get a pair for my KLR, but wasn't sure how well they worked. How would you compare them to standard mirrors for visibility to the rear and sides?

Not as good as OEM but they are convex so it does offer a fairly wide field of view. I don't ride the 4 lanes so for the 2 lane back roads they are fine.
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 10:17 am

mtb wrote:
how do I actually order that? and in pairs? Rolling Eyes

You have to call their 800 number. You can't order on-line. You don't have to buy 2. I only use 1 on my CRF. I just figured 2 would provide more information. 1-800-466-7433.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

My Mickey ears are gone, and replaced with a set of UFO swivel mirrors. thumb
Mirrors IMG_0907
I love the placement under the bars. Won't get whacked down there, and the vision is pretty spiffy.

Mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirrors   Mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Mirrors
Page 1 of 1