Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Rev

T-Rev

fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! Empty
PostSubject: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 pm

So, I am ready to order a programmer(fmf) for my '15 wr250r. From motorcycle superstore and the model they have only seems to go up to '13 for fitment. I know the bikes are very similar year to year. However, I just want to know if anyone has a newer bike that has any issues with fitment. For instance, is it the same plug throughout all years. Thanks ya'll
Back to top Go down
SumoWRR

SumoWRR

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 12:46 am

SR MOTO.com has it listed 08-15 if you need it now, buy it and try it. if there is an issue return it. I cant see any harm done.
Back to top Go down
T-Rev

T-Rev

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Yeah I'm just on a time crunch for a big trip.. don't want to hassle w/ it
if someone has info
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 am

T-Rev wrote:
Yeah I'm just on a time crunch for a big trip.. don't want to hassle w/ it
if someone has info

100% it will work the 2008-2015 WRR and WRX are 99.999999% the same through the years. Although for me I bought the PCV with fuel and ignition from Motomummy for about $280 its a far better programmer. Yes its more expensive but it does more. It actually adds and subtracts fuel every 250RPM. You can also add on auto tune and the list goes on. But if you are happy with the FMF they are all the same. Hell all those controllers that look similar are the same just a different brand sticker on the outside.
Back to top Go down
T-Rev

T-Rev

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Thx Speersie, yeah I just like the simplicity of the fmf. ill prob upgrade later if needed. I was also looking at the PCV. but, i have a macbook pro and didn't feel like having to find a pc (Which i read was only compatible for) to dedicate to tuning. Do you need a CPU to adjust yours and is is MAC friendly?
Back to top Go down
T-Rev

T-Rev

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 pm

... sorry when writing i thought i remembered a different tuner you said you had.. Shog freaky dutch dutch cheers
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 pm

T-Rev wrote:
... sorry when writing i thought i remembered a different tuner you said you had.. Shog freaky dutch dutch cheers  

People make it work with Mac but there is not a mac program for the PCV so I understand your decision. Just make sure you make the 5th number on the FMF 6 as it has a known bug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!   fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now! Empty

Back to top Go down

fmf prgmer question. quick answer please i want to buy Now!
Page 1 of 1