Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

quick question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: quick question    quick question  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:01 am

ok so i installed my efi programmer today with a yoshi slip on stock header and did all the mods airbox ais exc. my question is when i toggle through the different setting on the fourth on both the blue and yellow light flash how do i know what number setting its on is it the blue light or the yellow they both flash on different numbers. and if anyone would know a good setting for my set up it would be a great help im lost in the sauce when it comes to this. would she wolfs setting work the only difference on her set up is she has a q4 and i have the yoshi 3.5, 4.5, 1.5, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question    quick question  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 am

On my AI programmer when two lights side-by-side flashed it meant you were half way between numbers.

So if light 3 and light 4 were both flashing your setting would be 3.5

Also - these bikes are not hyper-sensitive grenades ready to explode if you do the slightest things wrong.

Don't be afraid to experiment with your settings.

You have a slip-on muffler and some intake stuff done. Just like a million other people have.

Try their setting and see how it feels. Try somebody elses and see how that feels. Play with it.

I understand you want optimum performance and power as quickly as possible, but without taking bike to a dyno you're going to have to play around a bit to get there. Nobody can just tell you the perfect settings for your bike.

There's a million posts here on EFI settings. Find one that's posted by somebody with a setup that's really close to what you have and try it.

Then try somebody elses with a close setup.

A yosh pipe might be a little different than an FmF, but it's not SO different you'll destroy your motorcycle.

Changes in altitude, temperature, and humidity could play a bigger role than the difference between a yosh and a fmf.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question    quick question  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks that's what I was worried about I didn't know if they were that sensitive to change. And didn't want to blow her up ill mess around with a few settings today
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question    quick question  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:30 am

Nah....you'll be fine. The fmf programmer can only add fuel.

Any setting above 0.5 is adding fuel.

The numbers Shewolf used would be a good place to start, but you might find bumping a few up or down by a whole step or more might be perfect for your situation.

I've yet to see anyone with a programmer post that they've seized their motor by using a setting that's way too lean.

Good luck - and post what you finally settle on as being the perfect setting for your bike.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question    quick question  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 am

Will do and when I'm at idle and I blip the throttle quickly there is a delay and hick up what setting would fix this or should I say what color
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quick question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question    quick question  Empty

Back to top Go down

quick question
Page 1 of 1