Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X Empty
PostSubject: What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X   What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 10:44 pm

What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X?
I’ve been doing some research and this is my thinking.
I did a search on Yamaha part number structures. The rear hub on a 2012 WR250R is 3D7-25311-00-00. The second set of numbers, the set of five, (25311) is the hub part number and the first three are the model. (our WR250R). The sets of zeros on the end are revisions.

So my thinking is a 2012 WR250R rear hub is 3D7-25311-00-00 and a 2012 WR450F rear hub is 5ET-25311-00-00. The 25311 is common. So you would think that the rear wheel from the WR450R, using the WRR spacers would fit on the WRR. I tried to confirm this with a parts guy at a dealer and he said no. if any number of the part number is different than the part is different. I don’t believe this but would like to confirm it. deal
There are a lot of YZ’s, WR’s for the last 10 to 15 years use a 25311 rear hub.
The same holds true for the front hubs, not including the WRX,
Note that newer WRF and some YZ’s use a 19” rear wheel.

It would be nice to find a good used WR450F rear wheel for my WRR, they came stock with Excel rims.

lurk lurk
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X   What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 5:48 am

The parts guy is correct.

The middle five digits in your hub pars numbers (the digits that you have noted are the same for the rear hub part numbers for the two bikes you mentioned) are only saying, "Hi. I am a rear hub."
Which rear hub?
That's where the 3D7 and the 5ET come in.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X   What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 1:30 pm

yea, I was thinking that "25311" means rear hub, but there were so many different models over the years, some of them have to be the same. dunno

I'm just going to have to open the wallet and build the set of wheels I want for the dirt and use my stock ones for pavement Rolling Eyes

My reason for wanting another set is I don't want to replace my good dirt tires every 1500 miles from riding them on the road. I like the Smoto thing, I just don't want one.....yet
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X   What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Yamaha made the wrf and yz wheels interchangeable but the wrr/x is different for some reason so you will have to build or buy new wrr wheels to have as spares with street or dirt tires.

You could make a wrf or yz front wheel fit with new custom spacers but the rear hub is wider on the wrr with the sprocket and disk further apart so the sprocket and brake disk cant line up when you try to put the wrf/yz wheel on the wrr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X   What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X Empty

Back to top Go down

What Yamaha wheels are compatible with our WRR/X
Page 1 of 1