Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mbabc

mbabc

Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I've searched this site but can't find much discussion on putting the sm wheel set on an R. Plenty on the mx wheels on the X.

I'm just wondering how the sm wheels do with the stock front brake rotor? I'm not going to be racing or any track days, just looking to quickly swap wheel sets. How's the stock R front brake with these??? Think they'll be fine for commuting and backroads riding?

Thanks for any insights!
Back to top Go down
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

You should be fine. The brake rotor Warp 9 puts on them doesn't have the greatest feel. I will be buying a big brake kit over the winter.
Back to top Go down
mbabc

mbabc

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Have a link to this kit? I want to be able to swap back to my d606 set without too much hassle.
Back to top Go down
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm

http://www.warp9racing.com/sm_wheels_yamaha.html
Back to top Go down
mbabc

mbabc

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Drax wrote:
http://www.warp9racing.com/sm_wheels_yamaha.html

I was asking about the 'big brake kit'. Have a link to it?
Back to top Go down
Drax

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:58 pm

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/21/index.shtml

EBC rotor and calliper relocation bracket.
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: warp 9   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I put warp 9 SM on my R. I ordered it with the stock rotor size as the R that way I did not need adapter for caliper. The only other thing you need is The X fork guards since it mounts the brake line lower on the fork. I love them and its a breeze to swap back and forth.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm working on doing the same thing. In fact, i talked with warp 9 to get prices. It looks like it its going to be around 1300 when it is all said and done. Does that seem right to you?

Do you have any pics of your bike with the warp 9 wheels?
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: pic   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Thats seems a little high to me unless thats with tires.

Here is a pic of my bike while riding from Colorado to Oregon.
MY buddy was trying to make me spin out.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:19 pm

That is the price shipped with tires mounted and balanced.
Back to top Go down
Corndogs

PostSubject: wheels   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm

well if you can wait a few days, I think I have my bike sold with the stock wheels and I will sell you my wheels ready to bolt on with fork guards and axel blocks so you just flip them and no chain adjustment when you swap between wheels for $ 900 shipped, they have heady duty tubes that are brand new,

LMK
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 pm

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...   Warp 9 SM wheels on an R... Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp 9 SM wheels on an R...
Page 1 of 1