Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine Maintenance

Go down 
+9
Evol
66T
Fiftygrit
GusinCA
DWK
Jäger
DPete
Jens Eskildsen
speersie
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
martin_nj

Engine Maintenance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Maintenance   Engine Maintenance - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 am

One thing about KTM/Husq/Husk maint suggestions is that they're assuming you're riding it like an A level racer.

So if you're just putting along through the woods, you can extend those intervals quite a bit.

But yes... a Honda Civic and a Ferrari 360 will both get you to the movies, but when it comes time to change the oil/filter/etc you're going to pay more to do it in a 'rarri.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: Engine Maintenance   Engine Maintenance - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:50 pm

ChainDrive wrote:
I have about 200 miles of street legal dual sport trails in a state forest about 11 mile from my house, thus the need for a dual sport. The bike needs to fill that requirement.... It is like buying a Mack truck to haul away leaves from your yard when a pickup will do. So a WRR or DRZ400S or KLR650 or CRF250L is the dual sport competition to the FE350S so I only think it is right to compare the Husky. 

Here's a curve ball..how about a two-stroke dual-sport?  Mine's plated in NJ, PA is usually easier to plate.  It's NOT a road bike, but you'll have a blast in Bald Eagle Forest.  Oil injection (auto-lube) makes it ez-peezy, ride it like a 4 stroke.  Oh yeah, msrp $7,299 & #230 wet weight (I bought mine for 5% off).  cheers, JfJ

http://www.betausa.com/node/2079

http://dirtbikemagazine.com/home-features/beta-xtrainer

Engine Maintenance - Page 2 Xtrainer-RH-side-HRWHITEpremix_0_0

Pennsylvania dealers:http://www.betausa.com/node/733

RyanCo Cycle Works
350 Deihl Road
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
570-437-4034

Kissell Motorsports
101 Hawbaker Industrial Drive
State College, PA  16803
814-861-7890

Off Road Cycles
671 N. Seneca St.
Oil City, PA  16301
814-657-7269

South Mtn Cycle Shop
729 Harrisburg Pike, Suite B
Dillsburg, PA  17019
717-432-4997

Skyy Mountain Powersports
1094 Rt 136
Belle Vernon, PA 15012
724-872-4606

Bromley Motorsports
405 Edwards Rd
Stevensville, PA 18845
570-746-0554
215-450-5487
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Engine Maintenance   Engine Maintenance - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 am

The beta 300rr will probably be my next bike, I do enough open easy stuff the xtrainer doesn't suit me, I getting more and more into dirt only day trips, the WRR does it but I miss the power and light weight of the 2 strokes at times, I had a couple of 250s a road legal gasgas and a kx. The oil injection will make gassing up mid ride easier, the 300rr got that for 2016 too.

They come fully road legal around here so its still a dual sport but I think of it as a race bike with the convenience of a license plate.
Back to top Go down
ChainDrive

ChainDrive

PostSubject: The Big Sin   Engine Maintenance - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:19 am

Janet from Joisey
You just committed the unforgivable sin, the mention of plating a dirt bike. I have always been curious as why because plating a dirt bike is a legal process but apparently advocating the use of the procedure is verboten. Even one of the Beta dealers on your list told me when bike shopping not to order a dual sport but just have them plate up a off road.

Your recommendation of the Beta XTrainer is interesting because on the Bald Eagle State forest trail I had the exact same conversation with a rider who just bought a new Husky 300 and the Xtrainer came in second on his list. I live 10 miles from the west parking lot of the Bald Eagle State forest trails and 10 minutes from Kissell

Every motorcycle I ever owned has been a 2 stroke so your suggestion is not a curve ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Maintenance   Engine Maintenance - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine Maintenance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2