Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

speedo/ mileage question

Go down 
+2
sswrx
warriordad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
warriordad

speedo/ mileage question Empty
PostSubject: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:05 pm

i changed out my stock sprockets and chain and now of course the speedo and mileage are not right.
i woods ride about 98% but the problem is it's racking up miles like crazy and if i go to sell this bike it's going to show way too many miles .
is there a fix to maybe disconnect the stock speedo? speedo/ mileage question 9356
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:34 pm

There is a place called 12oclock labs that makes a speedo correction unit that plugs in-line with the WR's factory speed sensor. Unplugging the sensor would make your instrument panel pretty much useless because your odometer & speedo won't read anything. There may also be legal issues if you do sell the bike later & the mileage is unreasonably high or low. Go to the website for all the install & product details. http://x12oclocklabs.tripod.com/
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Even stock, your speedo and mileage were not right.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 pm

sswrx wrote:
There is a place called 12oclock labs that makes a speedo correction unit that plugs in-line with the WR's factory speed sensor. Unplugging the sensor would make your instrument panel pretty much useless because your odometer & speedo won't read anything. There may also be legal issues if you do sell the bike later & the mileage is unreasonably high or low. Go to the website for all the install & product details. http://x12oclocklabs.tripod.com/

Yeah you could go with x12oclocklabs....and then there is a universal speedohealer out there. But i would personal go with the x12oclock.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:14 am

The days of speedo pickups off the gearbox on the front wheel are almost gone. :)
Just go with the 12 O'clock Labs unit.
I put one on my WR-250R and say it's money well spent.

Just accept the fact that a lot of newer bikes get their speedometer/odometer readings from the front sprocket shaft (I think that's because the more intricate electronic controlling systems on your bike requires an accurate reading on rate of change, regardless of how fast the actual mph meter reading is), and getting one of the 12 O'clock units keeps that speedo pickup working while giving you an accurate reading on your meter at the same time.
Back to top Go down
warriordad

PostSubject: thanks   speedo/ mileage question EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:11 am

hey guysb thanks for the info , i will order one of those kits for my bike . but now i'll have to explain to anyone i sell the bike to about the excessive mileage.
thanks again all............................no speedo/ mileage question 622730
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am

Don't worry.
Anybody who knows how a new bike works will understand when you point-out the sprockets for lower gearing. :)
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:57 am

warriordad wrote:
hey guysb thanks for the info , i will order one of those kits for my bike . but now i'll have to explain to anyone i sell the bike to about the excessive mileage.
thanks again all............................no speedo/ mileage question 622730

Once you get the SpeedoDRD and set it so that the speedometer is accurate, then the odometer will actually be counting slower than actual. Depending on how long you have been riding with incorrect gauges, there will be a mile in the future that it be accurate again and then future miles will actually show less than actual.

This stuff should be adjustabe from the factory. It should not be easy adjustable (for legal reasons), but adjustable none the less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speedo/ mileage question   speedo/ mileage question Empty

Back to top Go down

speedo/ mileage question
Page 1 of 1