Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Speedo Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am

I'm being passed right and left on the interstate, despite doing 80 mph. Did I-10 become the Autobahn, or is my speedo a bit optimistic?

My bike's only 3 weeks old, and is totally stock. Those of you with GPS units and stock gear/tires, how fast are you actually going when the speedo reads 80?
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:46 am

About 72.

You got more guts than I do taking on the interstate with the wrr. Wasn't comfortable on the miniceptor during rush hour in mnpls/stpl. Got stuck right be side an 18 wheeler. Sitting beside the churning tractor duals was a little discomforting. I'll stick with the dl1000 for super slab duty. At least I feel bigger!
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:06 am

according to most reports, the speedo with stock gearing is off by about 7-8%

if you change gearing, it goes off even more. many install a speedo healer to solve the issue.

I take mine on the actual autobahn all the time Very happy
with enough care and anticipating passes it's no big deal. but don't expect to be driving on the left lane the entire time poser2 plant it on the right, keep it at a nice 70-80 and all is fine. not as comfortable as something bigger, but bike will sit there happily all day long.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 am

bigg wrote:
according to most reports, the speedo with stock gearing is off by about 7-8%

if you change gearing, it goes off even more. many install a speedo healer to solve the issue.

This.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Bigg

I see your a little younger than I. At 66, I'm not interested in taking the wrr out with the big boys so to speak. Just a little too intimidating. Its not the bike, just me and the ability to pick my something with in my comfort zone. The '93 Nighthawk I have is also not on my list of super slab rides, guess I'm just spoiled with the V-Strom.

BTW my great grandmother Klein was from the Stuttgart area.

jim
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 am

miniceptor86 wrote:
Hi Bigg

I see your a little younger than I. At 66, I'm not interested in taking the wrr out with the big boys so to speak. Just a little too intimidating. Its not the bike, just me and the ability to pick my something with in my comfort zone. The '93 Nighthawk I have is also not on my list of super slab rides, guess I'm just spoiled with the V-Strom.

BTW my great grandmother Klein was from the Stuttgart area.

jim

agree with you on that one Jim! heck if I had the possibility I would choose something comfier and bigger to do my 900 km trip back home twice a year. but as a student cash is short and so I make do with what I have. in this case this means 10 hours autobahn/autostrada on the WRR thumb bike hasn't let me down yet, but I do arrive dead cripple

it ain't fun but the bike can do it. if I were you, I would do the exact same thing with the V-Strom haha freaky
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 pm

You're a better man than I. Can't imagine 10 hrs on the autobahn with a WRR.

Study hard, get good grades!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Get a GPS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Question   Speedo Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedo Question
Page 1 of 1