Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fmf programmer tuning

Go down 
+5
rsteiger
Rhys54790
Evol
DutchTerror
Jremeee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jremeee

Fmf programmer tuning  Empty
PostSubject: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 8:53 pm

I have read and read on how to tune this stupid thing. I can't seem to understand it at all. I think I actually messed up the stock settings on the programmer. The only reason I'm wanting to adjust it is because the throttle cuts out at 55-60mph. So I wanted to adjust that number from a 4 to a 5 but I can't get it to do anything. Sooooooo frustrating... So my question is how do I reset programmer to stock? Will disconnecting the ground to it reset it? baldy GAHHHH

Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Read the instructions, here:

http://fmfpowerprogrammer.com/instructions/9310072_WR250.pdf

Stock settings are listed in there.

As for your cut-out at 55-60, change the 5th setting (Yellow-Blue) to at least a 6.0.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:41 am

I'm quite new to playing with this stuff. I have just gotten the FMF powercore4 with the powerbomb header, a servo buddy and the FMF power comander.
I haven't done any other mods and was wondering wouldn't it run a little rich because I haven't opened up the airbox and so on?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 11:16 am

Jremeee wrote:
I have read and read on how to tune this stupid thing. I can't seem to understand it at all. I think I actually messed up the stock settings on the programmer. The only reason I'm wanting to adjust it is because the throttle cuts out at 55-60mph. So I wanted to adjust that number from a 4 to a 5 but I can't get it to do anything. Sooooooo frustrating...  So my question is how do I reset programmer to stock? Will disconnecting the ground to it reset it?  baldy  GAHHHH

Best thing you can do is to yank it off and sell it on this forum.

Went that route on my bike originally and now I am back to a semi stock exhaust (pulled the cat out) with the EXUP valve installed, Ultimate airbox mod, AIS removed (no longer needed since there is no cat), and yanked my programmer. Fuel economy went up from 50 to 56 mpg (I am a big guy) and I now have more tractable low end power while losing some top end.

Looking back the two best changes I made on the bike were going with 13/48 gearing and GoRace Suspension. The first was cheap the second not so.

I am convinced that trying to eak out that extra 2 or 3 hp from that motor is akin to an expensive form of mental masturbation... but what the heck, if that rocks your boat then more power to you!
Back to top Go down
greenboy

greenboy

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 pm

If it wasn't for the weight loss I would strip this FMF off right now. It was on my WR when I bought it. But since I got the stock unit in a box too, it could happen.
Back to top Go down
Rhys54790

PostSubject: Fueling Problem   Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:55 am

I'm having a fueling problem, it doesn't always happen but when it does what happens is. I will he on the throttle then all of a sudden it will just cut the fuel off, I have to get all the way off throttle and then back on and it goes back to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do??

Please help, its quiet frustrating
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 11:36 am

Rhys54790 wrote:
I'm having a fueling problem, it doesn't always happen but when it does what happens is. I will he on the throttle then all of a sudden it will just cut the fuel off, I have to get all the way off throttle and then back on and it goes back to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do??

Please help, its quiet frustrating

I have the same problem occasionally. They say changing the 5th number on the programmer to a 6 or higher solves it, but it doesn't. It usually happens when on the highway. I have learned to just deal with it by quickly letting off the throttle and gassing it again.
Back to top Go down
carlrf

PostSubject: Appreciation   Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:28 pm

I am new to my WR250, fuel injection and programming. Mine is almost completely stock. Had entertained most or all the mods mentioned. However after doing a lot of reading on this site I think I will leave well enough alone. I am sure there are many opinions and views on these subjects and that's ok. Also I know many (myself included) just have to modify, adjust , tune and otherwise tinker with their bikes, it goes with the territory.
Anyway I am just trying to say I appreciate forums such as this providing a general education for all who read. Sure a lot of it is bunk from inexperienced individuals (not suggesting that any of this is BTW) but if one is diligent and spends the time to peruse the information you can come out of it ahead.

Just saying thanks to any and all that have to do with the information being here. thumb
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:16 pm

I bought my programmer used two years ago and fiddled with it a bit but cannot tell if it works or not. Never noticed any difference at all. Can someone confirm my idea that I bought a bad one and it doesn't work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fmf programmer tuning    Fmf programmer tuning  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fmf programmer tuning
Page 1 of 1