Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roku

Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 pm

I have a 09 WR250X with full graves exhaust, and a fmf programmer. I have the flapper mod as well as the ais delete too. I am running the stock settings that came with the programmer however I understand they are more tuned towards that of a fmf exhaust. Wondering if anyone else has this combo or a different setting for the programmer they like. Want to be able to utilize all the power I can but not to the point I would be giving up something from a different part of the map to fill another part if that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Roku wrote:
I have a 09 WR250X with full graves exhaust, and a fmf programmer. I have the flapper mod as well as the ais delete too. I am running the stock settings that came with the programmer however I understand they are more tuned towards that of a fmf exhaust. Wondering if anyone else has this combo or a different setting for the programmer they like. Want to be able to utilize all the power I can but not to the point I would be giving up something from a different part of the map to fill another part if that makes sense.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I can't help much but if someone spent all that money on the graves exhaust why not buy the Power Commander PCV? It is so much more versatile and not really that much more expensive. I hope you find some settings but if you don't keep in mind that someone may purchase the FMF programmer and the PCV with fuel and ignition can be had for approx $280 which is well below the RRP of closer to $400.

Hopefully someone had tried it out or can point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Roku

PostSubject: Re: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 am

I got the graves as a birthday present after i had already bought two of the fmf programmers (got an exceptional deal), one for my x and one for my r. If the upside is truly that much better for the PCV i'll be willing to just go with that option instead, however having the fmf programmer already, I figured why not give it a try. Anyone switch over from fmf programmer to power commander for any reason other than it being able use autotune as well to add and subtract fuel instead of just add fuel like the fmf programmer.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

Roku wrote:
I got the graves as a birthday present after i had already bought two of the fmf programmers (got an exceptional deal), one for my x and one for my r.  If the upside is truly that much better for the PCV i'll be willing to just go with that option instead, however having the fmf programmer already, I figured why not give it a try.  Anyone switch over from fmf programmer to power commander for any reason other than it being able use autotune as well to add and subtract fuel instead of just add fuel like the fmf programmer.

Nice score on the present. I chose the PCV for this reason. The map can be changed at 250 RPM intervals, you can add fuel and also remove it if its too rich. With the fuel and ignition model you can if you want to change the timing which some people have done and say it helps in the highter RPM. I have not done this yet but thought I'd spend the extra $20 and be able to keep it as an option but as I am still waiting on my exhaust I have left them blank. It is PC controlled and can be tuned on a dyno quite easily or you can input maps that have been pre configured.

You can see here how the tweaking during a dyno run helped. They also adjusted the ignition. The first map was someone else's he was trying and then they tuned it in for his set up. He is quite happy to share his map if you send him a PM as well.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11192-pcv-fuel-ignition-fuel-map-to-share

Motomummy has a sale on them at the moment $275 shipped which is better than I paid but even not on sale they were the cheapest for me. I'd suggest spend the extra $20 and get fuel and ignition just incase the mod bug bites hard and you want to squeeze everything out of the bike
Power Commander deal at Motomummy.com
Back to top Go down
Roku

PostSubject: Re: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Just bought the PCV with ignition and the auto tune from motomummy, now ill put the fmf programmer thats on my x on my r and sell the brand new in box fmf programmer. Thanks speersie for the input, now to find a good quality map and let it do its thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust   Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuning fmf programmer with graves exhaust
Page 1 of 1