Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?

Go down 
+2
Fiftygrit
Mozart 2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mozart 2

Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? Empty
PostSubject: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello All,
I'm on my way to pick up a brand new 2015 WR250R tomorrow - I can't wait!
I've read a bit about the MotoMan hard break-in. Is this the best procedure?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Ride it anyway you want, they are a pretty hardy bike, the only thing I did for break in on my 2014 was changed the oil and filter 3 times in the first 1000 miles, just to keep everything clean internally , clean air filter when you ride in the dirt more often, check nuts and bolts, oh ya make sure it has the new stater installed, ride and have fun, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 am

You can't go wrong with the MotoMan procedure.

Even Dodge recommended full throttle pulls on my Hemi during break in . . . just not from a standing start.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 am

Just ride it. It's broke in after the first 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
YamaLink

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:25 pm

What I always do with any motor: warm it up and ride it hard for about 15 minutes staying off rev limiter. Let it cool down and go over any loose bolts, spokes, etc. Ride it hard again staying off rev limiter. Cool it down. Adjust levers, chain, etc. Then it's good to go.
Back to top Go down
andy3d

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:20 am

dealer told me to take it easy for the first 600 miles.
I only really ride off road so right from the first 5 min I was rev'ing until the little 250 had nothing more to give. horse
I felt bad about riding the little thing so hard I did an oil change at 300 miles - not sure the bike needed it but made me feel better!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?   Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Break-in Procedure for a New WR...?
Page 1 of 1