Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
allan p

allan p

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  Empty
PostSubject: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:04 am

Need ideas on why my sprocket/nut keeps coming loose.

I'll tighten the shit out of it and punch the edges of the sheath and it'll work fine under normal conditions but as soon as I downshift or pop the clutch it just starts slipping.

It's happened three times now.

Hoping it's nothing major - I'm heading out to disassemble it now.
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:12 am

Yeah, this doesn't look good at all.

I'm not sure the axle is supposed to look a like a bottle cap.

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  Axle
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 pm

If only somebody made some locker for the threads Very happy
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Do you use a thread compound when fastening the sprocket nut?  My favorite is Loctite 243 Medium Strength Blue Threadlocker - primerless, oil tolerant & removable.  Cheers, J-f-J

http://www.henkelna.com/industrial/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797952212993

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  8800677330974HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  TLBlueApp400x400299637_327016_web_171H_171W
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 8:02 pm

allan p wrote:
Yeah, this doesn't look good at all. I'm not sure the axle is supposed to look a like a bottle cap.

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  Axle

You may have discovered by now that output shaft is eff'd.  You'll need a new "Drive Axle Assy
#3D7-17402-00-00" part #10 in the diagram below. It's about $80 + labor for a transmission teardown.  

:hmmm:  I guess the PO practiced endless wheelies until the CSS fell off and the WRR stopped moving.

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  TRANSMISSION
Back to top Go down
johncr250

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:33 pm

You can tack weld the sprocket onto the shaft as a band aid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.    HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.  Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP - front sprocket nut keeps coming loose.
Page 1 of 1