Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:38 am

Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  YcRQchb

30mm pump for WR250R off ebay scratch

I don't know if my pump is bad, it runs when I turn the ignition on, but the bike it cutting out and dying on me .... since it's torn apart I figure I may as well replace it.

★★★★★10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
★★★★★ISO/TS16949 & QS900 STANDARD
★★★★★ <0.5% DEFECTIVE RATE
★★★★★QUIET OPERATION
★★★★★LIFETIME WARRANTY

Since 2001, we have started to manufacture the fuel pump for after market. These fuel pumps are all made up of first-class material in order to strengthen the durabitliy and extend the usage life. Some competitors' pumps use cheap material inside leading unstability and short life. The all procedures are executed strictly according ISO/TS1649 and QS900 standard which is highest quality class for OEM in auto industry.Every pump is 100% tested before shipment. Customers can purchase these pumps without concern. We accept 60 days return for refund or replacement. Meanwhile any question will be replied within 24 hours.

Features

· 30mm compact desgin with quiet operation
· Offset inlet easily to install
· 1 x OE Replacement Fuel Pump
· 2 x Fuel Strainer

Techinal Data

· Min Voltage Input:6V
· Max Voltage Input:18V
· Flow Rate: 35LPH at 43PSI/12V
· PRV Activation:15-90PSI

Anyone, ?? anyone at all? dddog

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Some one on here did write that they had used one with no problem, try it and then let us know how it works.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 am

Fiftygrit wrote:
Some one on here did write that they had used one with no problem, try it and then let us know how it works.

Cool, I'll do it .... it's ordered already, hopefully I can install it on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes, I've used an eBay one just like that. It lasted about 30 hours engine time. The wear inside was much worse than I expected.
Admittedly it was used in very hot conditions, but still I expected more time than that. It was never out of fuel, but even so the heat got it.
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:07 am

you get what you pay for. your better off getting a better quality pump, i bought mine from CA Cycleworks and its still working great.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:05 am

nickthenack9 wrote:
you get what you pay for. your better off getting a better quality pump, i bought mine from CA Cycleworks and its still working great.

Absolutely correct. But you have to try it! As I scribbled before somewhere on here, I'm budgeting for one new OEM pump per year. Our boss has a WRR and after 10K has had no worries at all. So be it.
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 1:29 am

why would you need to buy one once a year? they are way over priced. you can get a better quality pump for less than half the price and never have to replace it.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:56 am

nickthenack9 wrote:
why would you need to buy one once a year? they are way over priced. you can get a better quality pump for less than half the price and never have to replace it.

Well, I'm on my third pump now, in <19000km. Realistically, when the fuel supplies get hot enough to be uncomfortable on the riders' legs, as ours often do, then pumps aren't going to last. I hope I'm wrong, and the upgraded Yamaha ones do make the grade. I have a spare good quality pump unit fitted to an old cage that I'll try if necessary.
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 3:13 am

wow thats probably a record. i gave up with yamaha pumps when people said their replacement pump failed. id buy aftermarket pumps and install them into the cage
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:58 am

66T wrote:
Yes, I've used an eBay one just like that. It lasted about 30 hours engine time. The wear inside was much worse than I expected.
Admittedly it was used in very hot conditions, but still I expected more time than that. It was never out of fuel, but even so the heat got it.

Bummer,

Well as it turned out, it wasn't the fuel pump anyway, so I never installed it. I couldn't figure out how to get the old pump out of that plastic cage, seemed impossibly without breaking that hard plastic hose.

Anyway, so I have a spare $20 pump sitting here that I may never use. dddog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?    Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried one of these replacement fuel pumps?
Page 1 of 1