Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New '15 WR250R in Delaware

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrenolin

New '15 WR250R in Delaware Empty
PostSubject: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Delivered Friday and here I am after paperwork was done.. Has 101 miles on it as of today and loving it!

New '15 WR250R in Delaware Image10
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Nice, there always so shiny when there new, min had dirt burn the first time out hahaha cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 am

Fiftygrit wrote:
Nice, there always so shiny when there new, min had dirt burn the first time out hahaha cheer`s

I hit a few dirt roads and some large muddy puddles today! thumb

New '15 WR250R in Delaware 12122510
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:16 am

Getting better but still pretty shiny hahaha
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Hey.. its parked in the kitchen without complaints of looks from the wife.. Give me a break! Very happy

Now.. when the pad and shed get done and its parked out there and its still all shiny then you may bitch away! deal
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Funny its got the super motto drags on the front and rear axles, if you do lots of tight riding in the bush you might want to take those off, especially the front ones, hit a rock or branch and it will snap your bars to one side and you will be ass over tea kettle, dont worry I keep mine clean also, makes it a hell of a lot easier to work on it and check things, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:35 pm

I picked up a used YamaLink for $40 and the guy gave me the sliders at no charge. Since almost all my riding right now is pavement I decided to toss them on. For sure if I hit any bush I'll take them off to keep them from hooking anything.
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:33 am

Very nice. Time for a proper break-in:

http://www.teamhammer.org/Dual%20Sport.htm
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm

N8 wrote:
Very nice.  Time for a proper break-in:

http://www.teamhammer.org/Dual%20Sport.htm

Just took a look at the page and looks like a lot of fun! Maybe next year. I need better protection gear and to be honest.. don't think I'm ready for that just yet unfortunately. I'm a complete novice and admittedly a bit timid of the bike now. I opened it up the other day a bit letting the mud fly and bouncing off some ruts.. found out quickly that I really have no idea how to ride yet! lol
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Ride within your limit`s you dont want to crash and burn, too discouraging, I try and keep up to my son on his 310 Husky, after a few dirt naps I take it easy now, and he stop`s and wait`s, he calls me Captain slow hahaha but he is 30 years younger than me, and Im way more use to road bikes.
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Pretty much what I plan on doing. I'm not even looking to test limits right now just getting my feel for the bike and how it moves and reacts. Doing some parking lot turning drills trying to tighten them up a bit, downshifting while also braking using both front and rear brakes, better clutch control, standing on the pegs keeping a controlled throttle, etc. I've got just over 100 road miles in going through some small towns, stop signs and red lights, etc. I've only stalled it once and no one was around to see it. Very happy

Had it racing around the house today against my 5yo on his TTR50. He absolutely had a blast of a time. We hope to hit the peewee track at one of the mx tracks soon for our first dirt experience. I'll ride it along with him but hope to get at least a could laps on the main track to see how I feel. Below he is tired from a long day, the excitement of riding with daddy and then being told he needs to get ready to go for a hair cut for school pics tomorrow.. He turned on the Grumpus face and refused to smile lol  beater

THIS is the reason I bought the WRR! Bought him the TTR50 several months ago and he has been asking me when I'm buying a bike to ride with him. I'm looking for a used TTR110 over the winter to give me something a bit smaller to ride around the house, something the wife can have fun on with us, something he'll grow into AND.. it'll still fit in the back of the Explorer  thumb

New '15 WR250R in Delaware 12112210
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:31 am

So kool, wait till he gets a little older, it will be lets go riding pop`s, and when you get there you wont see him till he runs out of gas hahaha always a good time riding with the kids.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 am

Pretty sure the TTR110 will be his before she can say "Where'd my bike go?"
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Lol true on the not seeing him until out of gas bit. I've really considered GPS chipping him just for this purpose poser2

The TTR110 is still just a bit heavy for him but you are right it's not far off. At just 5yo he is able to pickup the bike if it's fallen over and part of every ride I make him push the bike around the yard in neutral with the bike off. It's his bike and he needs to be able to handle it I tell him. He is able to push it from the back of the house to the corner, along the side and around to the front of the house (with a small uphill on the side) to the garage. It would be about 160 feet grassed I'd say. He loves being able to go a bit further each time he does it. Very happy
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 am

very nice!!!! enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 am

dfoustou wrote:
very nice!!!! enjoy.

Thank you Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Transformations... Blue to Black! Full OEM Black plastics minus the front fork guards which I still have to order. Flatlands skid plate, radiator guard and new Primary Drive 13/47 (also a 14) sprockets all powder coated flat black. Sprockets along with gold x-ring 112 link chain get installed in a few days. Also added Zeta hand guards, flashers, guard mount for triple mount, running lights/fixed rate adapters, Scaggs Big rear rack, Pro Taper pillow top lite grips, Sandman Case Saver kit in flat black and a Trail Tach Vapor for a working tachometer.

Adding a Corbin or Sargent seat in the spring which will be all black. Looking for a used Exhaust Shroud to refinish in black. Several other small parts will be refinished in flat black over the winter. Still deciding what I want to do with the rear plate holder..

I tore something in my right hand FFS so only have about 500 miles on it and of course it's starting to get cold outside now. Absolutely loving the bike though and the little guy has enjoyed riding with daddy instead of by himself.

New '15 WR250R in Delaware Image11
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 1:11 am

So a bit of a 6 year update and obsession I guess..  Very happy  Here are 2 updated images of my '15 WRR I bought now pictured above. I've likely had another dozen of them to date though most were flipped or parted out. Current horde.. a '21 T7, 2 '15 WRRs, an '08 WRR and an '08 WRX. My son's TTR50, 110 and 125. The 2nd '15 was just added and is nearly identical to the first one I bought and built up.

My original '15 WRR - way to many changes to list
New '15 WR250R in Delaware Img_1010
New '15 WR250R in Delaware Img_1011

The horde
New '15 WR250R in Delaware Img_8110

Couldn't go this entire year without buying something so added another '15 last month.
New '15 WR250R in Delaware Stans_10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New '15 WR250R in Delaware   New '15 WR250R in Delaware Empty

Back to top Go down

New '15 WR250R in Delaware
Page 1 of 1