Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Canal ridin' in Delaware

Go down 
+4
BWA
SheWolf
ZED
skierd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
skierd

Canal ridin' in Delaware Empty
PostSubject: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:56 pm

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride01

Got off work early today and the weather was just too nice to stay home, so i made a ride out to the C+D Canal to explore some of the trails and fire roads on the Delaware shore. I'd been here before with some other guys and wanted to take the time to do some exploring on my own and see where some of the side tracks went.

Its about a 2 hour ride to the canal if you avoid I-95, but its so much prettier.

Crossing the Conowingo Dam (no toll, its a $5 toll on the highway)
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride02

Riding along the river...
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride03

I saw a little side track and wanted to see where it led... to a nice clearing near the Susquehanna river.
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride04

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride05

Out to the canal service road:
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride06

Make the first left going up the hill and soon you'll find a nice big field full of mud holes, jeep trails, and even some single track.
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride07

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride08

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride09

On top of one of the big mounds in the clay field
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride10

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride11

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride12

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride13

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride14

Always something out there to keep you honest with your speed. I ended up hitting this ditch (deeper and steeper than it looks) at about 45 mph, hard enough to move my bars in the clamp.
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride15

Further along the road, it started to go away.... I dodged jeep holes like this several times, no idea how deep they are and I'm by myself...
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride16

fading...
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride17

fading......
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride18

discretion, valor, and all that, time to stop riding down the rabbit hole.
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride19

The hole almost ate me on the way out
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride20

Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride21

Getting late, time to head home!
Canal ridin' in Delaware 520ride22

And of course, had to get some use out of the shirt
Canal ridin' in Delaware Anywhereshirt cheers
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Cool looking scenery and trails. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:26 am

Sweet ride! Canal ridin' in Delaware 525406

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 pm

good stuff! You didn't by any chance GPS this ride, did you? I'm in Dover, DE and looking for places like that, that are within reach.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 am

That looks almost like a spot I ride some in Ft. Smith, AR. Right in town along the Arkansas River.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:50 am

That does look like a good day. Nice t-shirt but if your slipped your bars you might want to be wearing more than that fine t-shirt if you were not, especially alone. Ask me...

Canal ridin' in Delaware Clavic16

Canal ridin' in Delaware Clavic17
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
That does look like a good day. Nice t-shirt but if your slipped your bars you might want to be wearing more than that fine t-shirt if you were not, especially alone. Ask me...

Canal ridin' in Delaware Clavic16

Canal ridin' in Delaware Clavic17

I resembled those shots one time. No pins though.
I'm recovering from a broken leg now. With a rod from end to end inside my tibia....fibia........Ummmmmm The big one. baldy
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:41 am

dc4stroke wrote:
I'm recovering from a broken leg now. With a rod from end to end inside my tibia....fibia........Ummmmmm The big one. baldy
Femur? Ouch!
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:32 am

Nope ....Lower leg ....................Tibia/Fibia.....The rod is only in the Tibia. But they both got smapped.

Had I keep my riding gear on 10 more minutes and loaded the WR up before I changed.......I'd be at work instead of sitting on my arse. But it was over 100 and I wanted out of my riding gear.

Last edited by dc4stroke on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:33 am

Betcha it's pretty wet riding in that area right now!! Canal ridin' in Delaware 640571

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Betcha it's pretty wet riding in that area right now!! Canal ridin' in Delaware 640571

Yeah! May need a "snorkel" for the bike and the rider.... scratch
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:15 pm

The t-shirt was worn under my 661 pressure suit that I wear on all my dirt heavy rides, I just took the suit off to show off the shirt.

Its humid but clearing up hear, fortunately Earl is mostly off the coast. Supposed to be good waves all weekend, shame I'm gonna be stuck inland. :(
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:44 pm

yep exactly how it happened to me. got hot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canal ridin' in Delaware   Canal ridin' in Delaware Empty

Back to top Go down

Canal ridin' in Delaware
Page 1 of 1