Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW

Go down 
+3
johnyrrr
Fiftygrit
CC_Rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CC_Rider

TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW Empty
PostSubject: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Well, I finally got around to tinkering with the TPS. WOW what a difference. My bike is normal now! I was getting pretty frustrated with the snappy throttle. Had one hell of a time trying to enjoy the sights on my last trip. It's a whole different bike

Just for conversation sake, my settings were 16-93. Now I'm at 18-96 and it's awesome. Had to tap it around a bit to free up the binding throttle after my initial adjustment tho. If you do this mod and your throttle binds, try tapping the other side of the TPS to fix it.

Wheelies are a dream now, whereas before I had to pull like an olympic rower to loft the front end. Also, putting around like a tractor is now possible which I missed very much coming from a couple TW200's and a klx250s.

Anyway, if you haven't done this yet and your bike feels like you have a toggle switch for a throttle- go for it. I wish I had sooner.

Cheers!

Sean
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 11:11 am

Did you actually loosen the screws or just tap the top counter clock wise, I have been meaning to do this, but after putting a graves end cap on my pip and drilling out the internals a wee bit, and opening up my air box a bit I dont even notice the throttle at low speed any more. cheer`s
Back to top Go down
johnyrrr

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 am

CC-rider can you explain more of what you did to achieve throttle wheelie response.  My bike has a on/off switch it seams.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:46 am

Searched and found this for you, lets keep the info there, so its easier to find for the next person:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5568-throttle-on-off-at-idle
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Searched and found this for you, lets keep the info there, so its easier to find for the next person:

Ditto. Please.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:21 am

wwguy wrote:
Jens Eskildsen wrote:

Ditto.  Please.

Ive done this and for me it was a hell of a job beating those screws. I was sure i was gonna break something but fortunately i didnt. I got to exactly the same settings as stated above but did not get the same performance benefit. that could be for many reasons though!
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:05 am

I've done the TPS and CO adjustments and the final was to adjust my throttle cable to minimal freeplay. All three of these adjustments, combined, smoothed out the throttle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW   TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW Empty

Back to top Go down

TPS adjustment... DO IT NOW
Page 1 of 1