Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seat Bolts fell off!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

Seat Bolts fell off!!! Empty
PostSubject: Seat Bolts fell off!!!   Seat Bolts fell off!!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:20 pm

My freaking seat bolts fell off. Had to have been on my last ride... I threw my leg over my bike, scooted up on the seat a bit and boom, the whole damn seat scoots with me! I have looked all over the place and they are no where to be found. My only conclusion is that they must have vibrated loose? I also thought someone may have tampered with my bike while parked or something...but no signs of tampering.

Anyone have this happen to them? I have seen or heard somewhere of folks getting some quick release bolts to replace the stock ones...anyone have a link to those bolts or know what bolts to pick up?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Seat Bolts fell off!!!   Seat Bolts fell off!!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:26 pm

There's a fairly new thread on TT about this right now, but TT is down for maintenece at the moment. Check over there for sizes, etc... And put some loctitie on them next time. I have heard of lots of people losing their seat bolts..... me included.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Seat Bolts fell off!!!   Seat Bolts fell off!!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Not sure of the size, but if you have a few extra fairing bolts from a late model R6, they fit nice
(Don't ask me how I know.)

Be sure to use some blue lock tight on those suckers.
Back to top Go down
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

PostSubject: Re: Seat Bolts fell off!!!   Seat Bolts fell off!!! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:41 pm

mwakey wrote:
There's a fairly new thread on TT about this right now, but TT is down for maintenece at the moment. Check over there for sizes, etc... And put some loctitie on them next time. I have heard of lots of people losing their seat bolts..... me included.

Thank you sir. Looks like the size is 6mm X 20mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Bolts fell off!!!   Seat Bolts fell off!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Seat Bolts fell off!!!
Page 1 of 1