Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
recboil

IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue Empty
PostSubject: IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue   IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi Ya'll

I just purchased a 2010 WR250X and I'm already knee deep in mods. wink

I didn't have any problems disassembling the stock tank and mounting the IMS one and have accepted the basis that the seat will have gap issues. My question more so has to do with the mounting bracket/plastic holes for the screws on the front of both left/right shrouds fitting again. When looking head on to the bike (radiator on the left), I'm unable to screw the left shroud back into the radiator where the 2 screws go. The shroud seems to be lifted a lot higher because of the taller tank and the shroud holes don't line up. I have the same problem with the right side as the 2 shroud holes don't line up with the black plastic cover. I'm am able to screw the shrouds into the new tank. I've searched all over and most of the gap issues I read about have to do with the seat. Are people having any gap issues with remounting the shrouds up front?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue   IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:38 am

I put an IMS 3 gallon on my '14 WR and had no issues at all. I've had both the stock seat and a SeatConcepts seat with no gap. No issues with the tank shrouds either; they simply bolted on. Either you don't have the tank mounted properly or you have a bad tank. You shouldn't be seeing any of these problems. Double check that the tank isn't hung up on something. Maybe take some pics of the problem areas.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue   IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm

My tank had no issues with alignment.

When you get the alignment issue straightened out, I recommend not using the screws on the radiator side. Use loose fitting zip ties . . . this insures that you wont bend the radiator when you dump the bike on the tank wing on that side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue   IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 Gallon Tank Issue
Page 1 of 1