Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)

Go down 
+2
Jens Eskildsen
Dogen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) Empty
PostSubject: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 4:09 am

TEARDOWN

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

REBUILD

Part 1:
Part 2:

Last edited by GhostShiftZ on Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Great job   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:29 am

cheers Wow, excellent job, I really enjoyed the first 3 videos.  This should be a sticky.
I'll be rewatching these videos the next time I have to do engine work on my WRR.
Looking forward to the case splitting video.
Thanks for filming and posting this.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 2:56 pm

You just got another follower, hopefully I wont have to dig into my engine, but I enjoyed the videos..
Back to top Go down
tread55

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Thanks for posting your videos. Its helpful to see what all is involved in tearing down the engine. May have missed it in the videos but how many miles do you have on the motor?
Cheers,
Brent
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:24 pm

Awesome video cheers Really enjoyed listening to Rebelution at the same time. Are you a Yamaha Tech? or just motor savvy?
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 1:55 am

tread55 wrote:
Thanks for posting your videos.  Its helpful to see what all is involved in tearing down the engine.  May have missed it in the videos but how many miles do you have on the motor?
Cheers,
Brent
Motor has around 30k on it! thanks for watching!

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Awesome video cheers  Really enjoyed listening to Rebelution at the same time. Are you a Yamaha Tech? or just motor savvy?
Nice to see another Rebolution fan!! I have a yamaha certification, not working in the industry at the moment though.
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 5:44 am

Teardown part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFG7TDDgXVg

Last edited by GhostShiftZ on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:06 am

Rebuild part 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZo4tmhlzE
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:05 am

Wooow bow bow bow bow Man am I jealous. Wish I could get my Yamaha Cert. Instead I work on campers. baldy Always was interested in the powersports industry. Not a whole lot of money to be made in our town.
Back to top Go down
Ben10281

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Ghost, first off, nice work and thanks for sharing!! Second, can you tell me what the T Handle Ratchet tool that you are using?(The one with the blue knurled part)

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ben10281

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Think I found it. I thought the blue looked like the Motion Pro blue, but I just didn't know what to call the tool is this it?

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) 08-0562

http://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0562
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Ben10281 wrote:
Think I found it. I thought the blue looked like the Motion Pro blue, but I just didn't know what to call the tool is this it?

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) 08-0562

http://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0562

yup, its called the motion pro t handle spinner. That's the newer version of the one I have. Gotta be one of my favorite tools, I chose that over my ratchets whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 12:18 am

Little garage project today. Yeh I know but sorry, I'm cheap like that. Enjoy saving money and fabricating my own tools. Love the T handle

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) T_hand10

Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Little garage project today. Yeh I know but sorry, I'm cheap like that. Enjoy saving money and fabricating my own tools. Love the T handle

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) T_hand10

That's actually pretty cool. I need to get around to finally investing in a welder.
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:05 am

Rebuild Part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZX863eG8aQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)   WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse) Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250X Complete Engine TEARDOWN + REBUILD series (timelapse)
Page 1 of 1