Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

18 " rear - how I did it

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WesEv

WesEv

18 " rear - how I did it Empty
PostSubject: 18 " rear - how I did it   18 " rear - how I did it EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:08 pm

I finally got around to getting a 18" rear for my 08 WRX. I used a Tusk Impact rim, 18 x 2.15, black. I ordered it online picking the rim for a YZ450F on the hunch that it would mate with an OEM WRR hub and spokes. I does in fact fit perfectly and was very easy to lace and true. For rim locks I went with the Motion Pro LiteLoc, with this I only needed two large lead spoke weights. Originally I tried a standard aluminum rim lock but this needed quite a bit more weight.

I went with the Tusk Impact after reading a positive review in Motocross Action Magazine. It seems to be holding up fine for me.

-Wes
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 18 " rear - how I did it   18 " rear - how I did it EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:45 pm

So ummm...errrrr......why? dunno

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
WesEv

WesEv

PostSubject: Re: 18 " rear - how I did it   18 " rear - how I did it EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 am

This was part of making my X convertible into a R. I already have a 21" for the front and have been looking for a 18" for the rear. After doing some research I decided to go this route - OEM hub and aftermarket rim.
Back to top Go down
coolnu65

PostSubject: Re: 18 " rear - how I did it   18 " rear - how I did it EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 pm

OMG holly crap can you please tell me where you got the parts and how you did this??

I've been trying to figure this out for the last 2 weeks going to dealerships and everything and everyone says it can't be done for some stupid reason

I really wanna go off road but i can't find any tires for a retarded 17" rim it's ridiculous. Wish I would have bought the R in the first place lol...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18 " rear - how I did it   18 " rear - how I did it Empty

Back to top Go down

18 " rear - how I did it
Page 1 of 1