Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ToddDubya

Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me Empty
PostSubject: Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me   Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:54 pm

My 2008 WR/X came with both sets of wheels (R and X) and after my first ride on the aggressive knobbies I decided I'd rather use the supermoto wheels for now. So tonight I got to work swapping them over. It certainly didn't take the 15 minutes I hear about but I've got an awful work area and there was a lot of back and forth for tools. My little lift didn't fit under the skid plate either, so that slowed me down quite a bit.

Fast forward 2 hours I finally have it all back together. I just had to torque the axle nut and pinch bolts on the front forks and I'd be done. I set my torque wrench for 200 in-lb (16.6 ft-lb) and tightened down one, then the next snapped right off. At that point I set my tools down and quit for the night. I'll need to get the rest of the bolt out at some point but I was too mad to deal with it tonight.

I ordered four new pinch bolts to replace them all in case they've been over torqued before. I won't be riding until those come in. Dang it; one ride and I'm shut down.
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me   Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:27 am

After some time rolling around on my garage floor last night I was able to get the broken piece out with an easy out. I threaded one of the other bolts into that hole to make sure I hadn't stripped any threads and it checked out okay. Now I just need to wait for the new ones to get here.

As an aside, I really like the looks of the bike with the supermoto wheels on it.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me   Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Good to here your able to ride again. Got 8 inches of snow in Da U.P. last night. baldy
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me   Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Well, not quite able to ride again until I get the new bolts in. But soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me   Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinch Bolt Sheared on Me
Page 1 of 1