Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OneSpaztick

Hidden Exhaust/Muffler? Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?   Hidden Exhaust/Muffler? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:32 am

I would like to put some metal ammo cans on my WRR as saddlebags for my long trips out into the wilderness, but with the current stock exhaust on the bike the right side can will be sticking off the side of the bike like 4-5 inches. I need the bike as narrow as possible for the narrow trails plus to me it won't look right with one of the cans sticking out.

So my question is: does anyone know of any hidden exhaust/muffler that will tuck up underneath my fender? The only one that I have found so far is the $600.00 Yoshimura RS4 exhaust. That is a tad bit out of my price range right now. Or does someone make just a pipe that will work with the stock muffler? In which case I can buy that till I got enough money to buy a good exhaust setup.

Thanks;
Josh
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?   Hidden Exhaust/Muffler? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 am

You may want to reconsider your plan...

Ammo cans are freaking heavy and bits of your body do not fair well if it should become trapped between the can and say a rock.

I would take a look at some soft luggage options - there are a lot out there.

I use a Nomad Moab bag on my WRR (http://www.nomadrider.com/outbackbagmedium.aspx) and it is plenty.  If I need more room I strap a 40L dry bag to the top and I am good to go.   This setup has been on many rides with me - COBDR and TAT included and works well.  More importantly it crashes well too.

The Nomad is a knock off of the Giant Loop Coyote bag which is what one of my friends has.  That bag has more features and a higher quality than the Nomad but it does cost a few $$ more.   There are a ton of soft luggage options out there - Nomad, Giant Loop, and Mosko just to name a few that I know work well.
Back to top Go down
Banky

Banky

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?   Hidden Exhaust/Muffler? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Look up Stunt WR250r's one guy did an under tail above plate exhaust so he wouldn't bash it up too bad, sounds like that would help you also with the luggage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?   Hidden Exhaust/Muffler? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Exhaust/Muffler?
Page 1 of 1