Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tank breather pipes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

Tank breather pipes Empty
PostSubject: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Finally fitted my IMS 3 gal tank wings

Not overly keen on the breather pipe that comes with it. I actually cut a bit of mine off as it stood so high up even when pushed down as far as it would go. So I'm thinking of fitting one of the shorter versions, but am not sure if I should be careful when choosing. Here's an example of one I'm considering, would this be ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331839490714?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

cheers all thumb
Back to top Go down
littleblue

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:11 pm

I just picked this one up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Billet-Aluminum-Gas-Cap-Vent-Tube-Blue-Tank-Motorcycle-ATV-NEW-Valve-Yamaha/300922481280t
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 am

I noticed that the one in the link is 'one way', whereas the tank needs to 'breath' both in and out?
Back to top Go down
littleblue

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 11:44 am

beer goggle wrote:
I noticed that the one in the link is 'one way', whereas the tank needs to 'breath' both in and out?

It was recommended by fellow rider that has used it with no problems.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Cheers dude, putting an order in now thumb
Back to top Go down
littleblue

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:58 pm

I just "installed" mine. It was the easiest upgrade I EVER did!!
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 2:02 pm

What's the point of a tank breather?
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:42 pm

BeerGoggle:

I have been running that one you ordered (black tube, blue cap) for a couple months with no problems. I had to ditch the stock tube as it was catching on my DC/USB mount and pulling out- plus it annoyed me in general.

I thought about cutting a cm or two off, but decided to wait and see if it loosens/stretches up over time and cut it then. So far, it's held tight.

I just pushed it on, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't add an adhesive? Whatcha think?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank breather pipes   Tank breather pipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank breather pipes
Page 1 of 1