Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) Empty
PostSubject: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:17 pm

I've got a brass 90 degree bend fitting screwed into the IMS cap, but the breather hose keeps coming loose from the brass. Any recommendations on a sealer/adhessive that might work to keep the two together?

Also, I don't really like sticking the breather through the steering head onto the front fender (I've 'tested' the breather twice after filling a bit high and then immediately briefly parking in the sun - I have the black tank. D'oh!)
Thinking about mounting a 'ring' or some sort of U-clip to the plastic panel on the left that covers the fusebox. Lots of clearance at full lock left (upper fork tube), and right (fender.) That location would point any overflow straight onto the pavement.
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:33 am

Use a zip-tie on the hose and fitting.
Back to top Go down
sock monkey

sock monkey

PostSubject: Re: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:44 pm

There's a gap in the front down-tube. Stuff it in there and zip tie it in place.

Or just get a vented, locking cap from Acerbis and be done..... wink

-SM
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 pm

sock monkey wrote:
There's a gap in the front down-tube. Stuff it in there and zip tie it in place.

Or just get a vented, locking cap from Acerbis and be done..... wink

-SM
Yeah, I don't really like my current 90-degree copper fitting solution: Hose needs to stay on cap.
I bought the locking Acerbis cap. It does NOT fit well, I can pop it off. GAHHHH I don't trust it, and I definitely want my gas cap to stay on if my bike gets sleepy! thumb
Back to top Go down
sock monkey

sock monkey

PostSubject: Re: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:05 pm

deerHater wrote:
Yeah, I don't really like my current 90-degree copper fitting solution: Hose needs to stay on cap.
I bought the locking Acerbis cap. It does NOT fit well, I can pop it off. GAHHHH I don't trust it, and I definitely want my gas cap to stay on if my bike gets sleepy! thumb

Yeah, I've heard some folks have issues with their cap not fitting. That's too bad because mine fits great, BUT it doesn't vent as well as I would like (which also means it doesn't leak, so it's a wash, LOL). I noticed that over time some pressure will build in the tank, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems. dunno

-SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)   Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas tank breather hose (IMS 3.1)
Page 1 of 1