Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CRFan1

Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:41 am

Thinking about getting a slip on mostly for the weight savings and eventually doing airbox/fuel mods later....

Anyone here have JUST a slip on and no other mods? If so, how does the bike run?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:37 pm

My only concern is the bike would be running too lean. From what I've read the bike runs lean even with a stock exhaust, so I wouldn't recommend it without getting a fuel programmer.

Last edited by softjeans on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Hmmmmm......I could see that if you combine it with airbox mods for sure. That is why I am curious to see if someone has done JUST a slip on with no airbox mods initially. And I will say they are probably very rich at high throttle/loads from the factory. They are most likely lean in lower throttle/load conditions. Eventually I I would get a programmer and open the airbox to take full advantage. :)
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Minor hijack, but relevant...

I bought my X used and it came with a Yoshi exhaust and all the "standard" mods done, including opening up the airbox. Unless it's super hidden I don't see a programmer tucked anywhere on the bike. As far as I know it's had the Yoshi on there its whole life (previous owner bought it @ 600 miles with it already installed). Being my first bike I have no idea if it's running terribly or super awesome (sure feels awesome to me). Is a programmer just going to get me some performance gains or am I risking damage by running as is?
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 5:11 pm

It will certainly run cooler/better and get you some HP with the programmer. Probably won't do anything to the bike otherwise honestly....

Have you checked under the headlight? Seems a common spot...
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm

I'll look there. I have to do some hunting for a spot to put my new horn so I'll keep an eye out. The guy I bought it from made a point to tell me all the stuff he did to it and he never mentioned a programmer so I'm guessing there isn't one.

Thanks for the response.

/thread hijack
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 7:44 pm

My 2 cents...
If you add a pipe with a quiet core/baffle and don't touch the air box it will be fine.
It wont add much power tho.

To get noticeable power gains you must do ALL THREE of these things, 1 increased air flow into the motor via opening up the air box, 2 increased air flow out of the motor via a high flow pipe and 3 dialing in the a/f ratio with a programmer, if you skip one of these you don't gain much.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Yep and that is understood.....was just going to do the pipe first and the others after for monetary reasons.....thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 4:40 am

I have pipe, header and airbox mods with no programmer, its fine.

How much weight do you think you can save by shapping? Your wallet will probably feel lighter than the bike. Very happy
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 am

Lmao!  Yeah no doubt!  Already did a Scaggs billet rack, IMS 3.1 and 48 tooth rear sprocket with D.I.D gold x-ring chain, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?   Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone do JUST a slip on and everything else stock?
Page 1 of 1