Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Broken engine fan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shakes

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 3:52 pm

I believe my engine fan has spun the blades. (Won't hold tissue papered against the radiator)
Plus it gets hot in traffic and snotty single track. And Google says it's a common problem.

Is there a preferred fix for this or is oem the way to go?

I've also read there is a way to run the fan up to test it from the dash but can't find how in my manual.

Any help appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Testing the fan and other stuff:

Back to top Go down
Biglake

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:50 pm

If the fan motor is running but the blade isn't spinning you can glue the fan blade back to the motor, use strong epoxy of some sort, theres lots of products that will get the job done.

Its pretty simple to do and a few of us have done it with write ups if you do a search for fan fix, broken fan, etc.

I fixed mine two years ago with a small screw through the blade into the square piece on the end of the motor and automotive goop and its still working fine. thumb
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 5:22 pm

@jens - thanks!

@biglake - I'll give it a go. Was planning on organising a spare so the bike wasn't in parts for two weeks. I've got a safari tank and it's a pita to remove. My google skills failed me hence asking the question.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Don't use google do a search on this site. wink
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyFri May 20, 2016 4:30 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Testing the fan and other stuff:

That helped heaps. Thanks.

Fan is definetely toast. Previous owner had already araldited it so it's well and truly gone.

And Google usually gives me more results than a local search using 'site:' either way I sucked.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptySat May 21, 2016 4:47 am

I find it really strange I can't buy the fan blades or similar from a electronics place.
A couple of hours of googling the various part numbers. How to get a spal fan to fit or some other generic kit.

Seems the $216 plus week wait for the oem is my only option of I don't want to waste an arvo playing with bracketry.

Back to top Go down
morgan9283

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Shakes wrote:
I find it really strange I can't buy the fan blades or similar from a electronics place.
A couple of hours of googling the various part numbers. How to get a spal fan to fit or some other generic kit.

Seems the $216 plus week wait for the oem is my only option of I don't want to waste an arvo playing with bracketry.

Where do you live? If in the US Rocky Mtn Atv/Mc sells the fan for $141 and it's in stock so you're looking at 3 days for free or you could pay extra for overnight shipping.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 5:07 am

Ahh I'm in oz sorry. so with exchange rate and shipping that's on par.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broken engine fan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken engine fan?   Broken engine fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken engine fan?
Page 1 of 1