Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR 100% Highway Tire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptBreadbeard

WRR 100% Highway Tire Empty
PostSubject: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 pm

I'm thinking of trying an Iron Butt Association ride on the WRR, but that's a lot of high speed highway miles.Yes, it's not the ideal bike for such a task, but that's part of the challenge. Not sure a 50/50 tire like the OEM TW30X or T63s would hold up well. However, there aren't many options without buying new wheels. Something like a Michelin Pilot Road 4 Trail would be great, but again wrong size.

What's the best high speed, long distance highway tire you can fit to the stock wheels?
Back to top Go down
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Bridgestone BT45 is available in these sizes: 90/90-21 and 120/80-18. Surely 130 mph is good enough. Very happy

I'm sure it would be OK to run a tube in these.

Edit: These tires are fantastic on my RZ350.
Back to top Go down
CaptBreadbeard

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 11:09 pm

350Rizzer wrote:
Bridgestone BT45 is available in these sizes: 90/90-21 and 120/80-18. Surely 130 mph is good enough. Very happy

Right now I'm using Tubliss and that should be fine if the pressures are set high for highway use. I guess I could go back to tubes just for that purpose as well.
Back to top Go down
350Rizzer

350Rizzer

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 am

CaptBreadbeard wrote:
350Rizzer wrote:

Right now I'm using Tubliss and that should be fine if the pressures are set high for highway use. I guess I could go back to tubes just for that purpose as well.

I was going to suggest Tubliss but they make it hard to balance the tires. Standard tube and no rim lock should work well.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

I did the 1000 mile Iron butt on my HD bagger, good luck on the WRR, your ass is going to hate you hahaha
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 3:39 pm

I have two sets of wheels for my WRR.

When I am riding on the street during the week commuting to work I run Shinko 705's. Very little wear over the last 2000 miles.

Plus they are relatively cheap too and can handle your typical FS road as well.
Back to top Go down
CaptBreadbeard

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 5:48 am

rsteiger wrote:

When I am riding on the street during the week commuting to work I run Shinko 705's.  Very little wear over the last 2000 miles.

I assume the Shinko 705 wheel set is for tubeless tires? All I see for the 21" front is a tubeless tire, but I will be running OEM wheels which require tubes or Tubliss.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

CaptBreadbeard wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

When I am riding on the street during the week commuting to work I run Shinko 705's.  Very little wear over the last 2000 miles.

I assume the Shinko 705 wheel set is for tubeless tires? All I see for the 21" front is a tubeless tire, but I will be running OEM wheels which require tubes or Tubliss.

You can run a tubeless tire with a tube but you should not run a tube type tire without a tube.

The only thing you need to be aware of is if the tubeless tire is a bias ply or radial tire. If it is a bias ply (which I think all the Shinko 705's are for the WRR wheel sizes) then no worries. If they are a radial tire then you should use radial tubes with that tire.
Back to top Go down
CaptBreadbeard

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 7:11 pm

rsteiger wrote:
CaptBreadbeard wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

You can run a tubeless tire with a tube but you should not run a tube type tire without a tube.

The only thing you need to be aware of is if the tubeless tire is a bias ply or radial tire.  If it is a bias ply (which I think all the Shinko 705's are for the WRR wheel sizes) then no worries.  If they are a radial tire then you should use radial tubes with that tire.
Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR 100% Highway Tire   WRR 100% Highway Tire Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR 100% Highway Tire
Page 1 of 1