Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The best setup I've found yet for street/dirt roads...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Von551

The best setup I've found yet for street/dirt roads...  Empty
PostSubject: The best setup I've found yet for street/dirt roads...    The best setup I've found yet for street/dirt roads...  EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 pm

I've had my bike for a few months and have been meticulously tracking and adjusting all my settings. I started out stock and went from there with the goal of finding the settings that are plush yet responsive and stable. I'm 5'6" and 175 without gear. I ride spirited, but nothing too crazy. According to Racetech our bike is sprung too soft up front and stiff in back, so I kept that into account with setting up suspension. What I learned is that you can't compensate for soft springs with excessive compression (or vice versa) you just get harshness (or wallowing trying to soften for stiff springs)

It took eight variations of trial and error to get to the settings below. I even tried the Sputter settings which everyone seems to love. I didn't care for them, bike seemed to handle like my old Xt225, so went back to stock and was way better. I've done 800 miles so far on my new bike and ridden everything from single track forest roads to desert to great winding paved back roads and everything in between. I've dealt with headshake, pogo-ing, understeer, oversteer, harshness, wallowing, less-than-desirable traction, and just about any other unwanted handling problems in my journey to find these settings.

The settings below are for mostly street and dirt roads. For dirt I would add more compression front and rear (6 front, 8 - 10 rear), speed up the fork rebound (12-15) and slow down the shock rebound (5-3).

Shock: Rebound 6, Compression 12
Fork: Rebound 10, Compression 8

I would love to hear feedback from anyone who tries my settings or has similar ones or even a totally different one that works too.

- Levon
Instagram: Levonthelights
Back to top Go down

The best setup I've found yet for street/dirt roads...
Page 1 of 1