Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreadlockJames

DreadlockJames

Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over Empty
PostSubject: Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over   Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Bike had been sitting for 2 months because of foot injury so I periodically tried to start it up. A week ago it had trouble turning over and then it led to a loud buzzing sound when I started it. The pump comes on fine and the power and lights turn on fine but then flicker when I go to start and the buzzer sounds. I checked the battery and it had a 95% charge. I was able to get it to start again after some tinkering and checking all the fuses to see if they were ok and they were. It seemed like the sound was originating from by the battery and main fuse box so i checked all the connections there and seemed fine. I had the stator recall done but I dont trust those guys really. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over   Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 am

No. 1 guess is that the battery ain't fully charged.
Back to top Go down
DreadlockJames

DreadlockJames

PostSubject: update:   Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 pm

So I fully charge the battery with my battery extender, and I start it while its still charging, and it does, not sure if it was fully charged or not but it was atleast 95%. I take it for a ride around town for 30 mins at cruising speeds 35 mph to 40 mph at the most, with a lot of traffic lights in between at idle speeds. I arrive at my destination which was a jack in the box. I leave it running for fear of previous said issue of it not starting up, and Im not sure where what Im gonna do but I know I have to find parking. Im sitting on the bike in neutral close to the building side walk and then it just dies. This happened a lot in the past months, making me feel uncomfortable, knowing that there may be more issues with this bike. So I walk it into the stall and just let it sit for about 15mins just because I had an errand to tend to and also I was scared to face my fear of it not starting back up. So I come back after a drink of vitamin water from the red box and cross my fingers, but not really cause I know it probably wont start anyways, and crank it over and it struggles to turn all the way as I hold the button down and then the buzz comes. So I give it one more go, and now I get the full on buzzer with no crank. I walk the bike over to my friends moped shop, which was conveniently 2 blocks around the corner. He offers to charge the battery for me. I also order a new one from him. I get impatient waiting there cause I have to get back home to the fam and I just take the battery off the charger after 1 hour and try it again. Nope. I have him jump the battery with another battery and it starts the second try. We test the voltage reading with a meter and it read at 14.12 volts or something and when we revved it dropped down to 13.82 or 13.71 or something like that. He thought that was a bad sign that it dropped when we revved. I called the yamaha service tech and he said it was still within range. This was the original battery and this bike did sit for awhile before I got my hands on it. I also reminded him that I just had the stator recall done from them also. Might ride it right now for a short spin and see if the battery is holding charge since its been on the extender for almost two days now. Let yall know soon. Let me know what yall think, shoots!
Back to top Go down
DreadlockJames

DreadlockJames

PostSubject: Re: Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over   Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 9:58 pm

so now i start it up after its charging for 5 days and it still has trouble and I go away from it for 2 hours and let it charge back up and now I get nothing. The lights and pump all come on but nothing happens when i hit the ignition button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over   Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over Empty

Back to top Go down

Loud Buzzer sound when turning ignition over
Page 1 of 1