Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Where to buy racetech gold valves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
binkaz

Where to buy racetech gold valves Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 9:08 am

Hi all,

Where did you buy your racetech gold valves from?
Do they advise you on what valves to get? Or is it just a valve kit and your weight and stuff have to relevance?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 11:18 am

You can buy them directly from Race Tech.  The gold valve kits come with instructions for installation and recommendation for selecting the right shim combination for your weight and riding style etc.  You can review the instructions via the "support" link on their web page.

Be aware that there are separate kits (and part numbers) for fork compression and rebound valve kits.

I bought mine from my local Race Tech shop but the itemized part numbers and prices were the same as shown on the Race Tech web site.
Back to top Go down
ElDuderino

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 am

Hey Guys,

I know this is an old topic but I just can´t find a good source to purchase gold valve for my WR - thing is i look for the compression and rebound version (type 2 or is this type 3 ? confused about this) .... the info on the racetech website is very limited - i can select gold valve kit in the webshop of racetech but no details are given which version this will be

Can someone help me out ?

Need to have i t shipped to germany...

thx very much

cheers
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:48 pm

ElDuderino wrote:
I know this is an old topic but I just can´t find a good source to purchase gold valve for my WR - thing is i look for the compression and rebound version (type 2 or is this type 3 ? confused about this) .... the info on the racetech website is very limited

The information on Racetech's website seems clear and unambiguous to me: Gold Valve kit for forks is FMGV 2020C (C&R), and SMGV 4633 for shock.

I did install SMGV 4633 in my shock and it works brilliantly; the stock fork valving is fine for me.

ElDuderino likes this post

Back to top Go down
ElDuderino

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 6:42 am

Hey John,

Thank you very much for your reply !

I tried again on the racetech website - found my mistake - entered 2009 as manufacturing year yesterday- as it is a 2009 modell - tried 2010 today as the bikes should be the same - shows me the FMGV 2020C now too ....

Thx again - i was confused because until that moment every google search told me that the FMGV 2040 is fitting the WR250R... and that the FMGV 2020C is for a suzuki ....

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 1:11 pm

There is definitely something going on with Racetech's website: when I look for a 2008 WRR it links to a "special valving" document that uses FMGV 2040. Amazon has them, but it says it does not fit the 2008 WRR. If you search eBay, you find that FMGV 2040 fits a huge list of bikes, including the WRR of all years; on the other hand, no one seems to carry FMGV 2020C.

Another twist is that FMGV 2040 appears to have just compression valving, and rebound valving is a different kit, FRGV 200602.

Considering the above, I think it makes more sense to send an email to Racetech and ask them about the fork valving discrepancy between the WRR model years given that the WRR did not change at all throughout its run.
Back to top Go down
ElDuderino

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 1:33 pm

.... OK thats odd ...I send them 3 mails already.... none of them answered... thats why I asked the forum ... I'll try to call them tomorrow which means getting up very earlie but I want this stuff so badly ...thx again for your support john
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 10:23 pm

ElDuderino wrote:
I send them 3 mails already.... none of them answered

That's bad, maybe they don't care about a bike that has not been in production for a couple of years now?

It seems that a call is your only option at this point, but finding someone there that knows what's going on will be a challenge; they'll probably ask you to send them an email!

You said you were in Germany, right? You're 9 hours ahead of California, so you need to call Racetech after 6pm your time (9am CA time), not early morning.
Back to top Go down
ElDuderino

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 1:32 pm

Yeah maybe...but the KYB Fork is used widely.... for ages it seems to me...so I called them 2 Minuten ago ...they told me to buy the 2040 for 2009 Modell....and the 2020c for 2010 Modell and they cannot Tell me if it will fitt if I order the 2020c for a 2009 Modell..... can someone confirm 100% that the forks are 100% identical between These 2 years ? I just dont know what to do :(
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 10:01 pm

As predicted, the Racetech guy you talked to simply read off the charts they have, without knowing why the charts are the way they are.

It's not that difficult to see for yourself that the fork internals have not changed: just go to Service Honda and compare the P/Ns for the 2009 fork, and the P/Ns for the 2010 fork; they're the same (you may notice that the P/N for the entire fork is slightly different; this is due to the different anodizing colour between the two years; the internals are the same).

There are people who have successfully installed FMGV 2040, but I have not seen anyone having installed FMGV 2020C, so if it was me I would go for the FMGV 2040.

Having said that, FMGV 2040 is just a compression valve, so unless you're bottoming out the forks with the OEM compression set to max, then you don't need FMGV 2040.

ElDuderino likes this post

Back to top Go down
ElDuderino

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 12:36 pm

yeah looks like......

thank you very much for the Honda Links ! .... didnt know that page before ... very handy

I ordered the 2020c :) .... fingers crossed .... I´ll let you know how this will end up

cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy racetech gold valves   Where to buy racetech gold valves Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to buy racetech gold valves
Page 1 of 1