Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john92

WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? Empty
PostSubject: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:23 pm

I'm going to be getting stock X wheels for my WRR and I just wanted to weigh out all the options. Here are the options I already know of:

Get the larger caliper setup for my R to match up with the X rotor and have to bleed brakes etc etc every swap.

Get a whole setup (Lever all the way down to caliper) to just swap out with the wheels.(Big $$$$$$$)

Get the bracket (I've heard rumor of from Wheeling) to match the R caliper to the X rotor. (sounds weird)

Will the Rotor from the R mount to the hub from the X? I'm considering just getting another R rotor so that my brake setup doesn't have to be messed with. I know I'm losing some braking power by losing the monster X rotor but It's just an option that I'm thinking may be the simplest. For the back, Ive already figured that I will get another chain to go with the X wheel gearing setup unless I do the same as my R setup (12/48, 13/48). Thanks
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Or just buy the Wheeling Cycle Supply R to X wheel setup. Its plug and play deal. But it costs over $1000. Definitely the easiest though.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:43 pm

yeah I've already ruled out that idea. $1000 plus sprockets,rotors, tires, etc. is a bit out of my price range for how bad I actually need this. It would probably be close to $1500 by the time you were done. I'm def basing my choice of setup on using stock X wheels. Thanks though. I did know about that and it looks like a nice way to go for someone with the cash.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah, it is a bunch of money. But from what I've been told, the rear wheel between the two bikes can just be swapped. No need to worry about brake rotor and caliper fitment. So then all you would need to do it buy an R hub, lace it into a 17 rim, and then you would have a swappable system. The only question is what it would cost to have a front laced into the hub.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:25 pm

I've read that the front can bolt right up also. I think it is just the brake issue that needs to be figured out.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Correct. The wheel will go on fine, it is just matching up the rotor to the caliper. A relocater bracket would be the ticket but I have yet to see one of those out there. IF you find one, post it up, Im wanting to do the X to R and would like to also use just a used set of wheels rather than buying a new set from Wheeling.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:31 pm

The one thing I'm really leaning towards is putting the WRR rotor on the X hub. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern will be the same?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 am

Update, for others interested, It doesn't look like you could take the WR250R rotor and put it on the X wheels or vice-versa. The hubs are pretty different. I just picked up some factory X-wheels and lucked out in my brake dilemna. In the process of figuring out what to do, I snatched up a full front brake setup on Ebay for a WR250X for $60! It will work out nice because there will be no bleeding involved, etc. I just swap out the brake setup in between swapping front wheels. I suppose you could just swap the different calipers but that sounds like a mess. Also for anyone trying to swap out between two sets of factory wheels, Everything was pretty cut & dry in the back,(spacers,rotor,caliper,etc.). The front uses different wheel spacers as well as the different caliper and rotor.
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:19 am

I'll go with the OEM R hub, and non OEM 17" rim, bearings, sprocket and rotor. So I can use the same spacers and caliper, save some money. I'll have less stopping power, but I'd not be racing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?   WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R with factory X wheels. What are the options?
Page 1 of 1