Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
slovenian6474

Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations   Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 9:14 am

I've got the traditional 2008 fuel pump dying in hot temps issue. The bike has 27k miles on it and still on the stock pump. My question is what's the goto pump to replace it with? I'd like a relatively easy install but not at the $300 price tag Yamaha wants for the entire assembly. If you've replaced yours, what did you replace it with and how difficult was it to install?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations   Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:31 pm

I changed mine about a month ago and did a long report on the installation:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1045p300-fuel-pump-problem

I got a Kemso pump from eBay for $30; the seller feels confident enough to offer a lifetime warranty, we'll see how long it holds up.
Back to top Go down
slovenian6474

PostSubject: Re: Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations   Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 10:25 pm

johnkol wrote:
I changed mine about a month ago and did a long report on the installation:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1045p300-fuel-pump-problem

I got a Kemso pump from eBay for $30; the seller feels confident enough to offer a lifetime warranty, we'll see how long it holds up.

Perfect! I ended up ordering that exact one! Thanks a bunch for the write up!
Back to top Go down
slovenian6474

PostSubject: Re: Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations   Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 pm

For anyone that comes across this thread, that pump motor was easy to replace and completely fixed my issue. I've had zero issues from it ever since. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations   Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic 2008 fuel pump recommendations
Page 1 of 1