Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Installing front wheel, what size hex?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dartmouth01

Installing front wheel, what size hex? Empty
PostSubject: Installing front wheel, what size hex?   Installing front wheel, what size hex? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi guys, I'm re-installing my front wheel and I noticed I don't have a hex socket big enough to fit into the hole so I can tighten up the axle nut first. Plan on going out to Harbor Freight tomorrow, looks like they have a 1/2in set that has 17mm as the largest size. Would this happen to be the size I need?

I know I can tighten the pinch bolts on the right side first "in a pinch" but since I'm going to be changing wheels a bunch, i figure I'd have the right tools to do it correctly, ie:

1) Tighten axle nut to spec
2) Tigthen left side pinch bolts to spec
3) Make sure right side fork will move freely
4) Compress the front shocks a few times
5) Tighten right side pinch bolts

Seem right to y'all? Thanks much!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Installing front wheel, what size hex?   Installing front wheel, what size hex? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 6:19 am

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Installing front wheel, what size hex?   Installing front wheel, what size hex? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 am

14mm. But I've never found I needed one. Another alternative is the Motion Pro 5/8" thin-wall spark plug socket and extension. The back end of the socket is milled to 19mm (which I used to use on the front wheel of my F800GS), and the back end of the extension is likewise milled to 14mm.

Motion Pro spark plug socket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing front wheel, what size hex?   Installing front wheel, what size hex? Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing front wheel, what size hex?
Page 1 of 1