Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear tires setup for the dunes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nwlinux

Rear tires setup for the dunes Empty
PostSubject: Rear tires setup for the dunes   Rear tires setup for the dunes EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 9:13 am

I'm going to the dunes in Coos Bay and wanted to find out what tire setup people found have worked well? I've seen paddle tires mounted on a WR, but don't know if it's worth it to install for the weekend. How are the stock knobbies? Thoughts and setup?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Rear tires setup for the dunes   Rear tires setup for the dunes EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:02 pm

IMHO these bikes are underpowered for this type of riding. I've never ridden mine in the dunes but have ridden it in a lot of sandy desert washes with D606 knobbies in SW Idaho and eastern Oregon. The bike gets piggish in sand due to low power-to-weight ratio.
Back to top Go down
nwlinux

PostSubject: Re: Rear tires setup for the dunes   Rear tires setup for the dunes EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:29 am

Yeah, I can see them being underpowered in the dunes. Typically, I drop down the tire pressure and drive my Tacoma on the sand. I get some fantastic fuel economy out there GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear tires setup for the dunes   Rear tires setup for the dunes Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear tires setup for the dunes
Page 1 of 1