Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nwlinux

2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install Empty
PostSubject: 2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install   2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 9:32 am

I knew right away that the stock fuel tank wasn't going to fit the bill. Less than a hundred miles on my new ride and I installed a new IMS 4.7 gallon tank and a skid-plate. The new tank makes the bike feel a bit top-heavy and I know it will incur some damage when I crash. Time to go play now.

2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install 20160913
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: 2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install   2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:33 pm

If there is no need to run a full tank of fuel (i.e. only going for a smallish loop) then don't keep it filled with gas. half tank = still larger then stock lol
Back to top Go down
Ridepjride

PostSubject: Re: 2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install   2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 10:48 pm

I have the same tank, and have sought out more range on most bikes I've had. In order to know how much is in the tank I plan to ride to empty, mark the tank level, then pour in my 1-gallon Rotax and mark it again, then proceed to nearby gas station and mark each gallon thereafter. That way you have the option of minimizing your fuel load before riding technical sections.

Had a KLR650 with a 7 gallon IMS tank and marked it the same way. Heading home from Montana I pulled into Denio Junction for gas only to find out it was out of order. Barely made it to Adel, Oregon, but knew it would be close based on fuel level. That's the reason I like the translucent gas tanks.

Sure, I prefer the looks of the 3 gallon IMS with the stock side covers, but I don't like my trips to be planned around gas stops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install   2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 WR - after 4.7G tank install
Page 1 of 1