Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from Delaware/New Jersey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
njdevils1990

New member from Delaware/New Jersey Empty
PostSubject: New member from Delaware/New Jersey   New member from Delaware/New Jersey EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi all, I just got interested in the WR250R after looking into KLR650s for the last 7 years since I began riding. I like what I've seen so far with these bikes in mainly their reliability (easily getting 50,000+ miles) great fuel mileage, and light weight (compared to a KLR) I have quite a lot of riding experience, have owned 4 bikes (2003 Buell XB9R, 2009 Buell 1125CR, 2015 Yamaha FZ-07, 2015 Honda Grom). I was also involved in a bad wreck last March when I was heading to work a woman rearended me on my Grom at 45-50 MPH while I was waiting on a red light and haven't ridden since. That won't stop me though and I plan on riding as soon as I'm able to. My main question as a new member is what exactly can I expect if I get a WRR? Honestly how reliable are they and how many miles do you have on yours? Any issues that can be expected at x mileage? Where do you ride mostly? I myself would be close to 80% on road and 20% off road but that may change as I'm used to riding naked street bikes. I'm looking to buy new so if that happens soon I'll be going for a '17 WR250R or '18 if it takes a little longer. That's all I can think to say for now I appreciate you taking a read and look forward to what's to come.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: New member from Delaware/New Jersey   New member from Delaware/New Jersey EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your wreck, I also got rear-ended one time and it wasn't fun. Most people on this forum love their WR. I have the X version (street wheels/tires) since I do 95% road, commuting to work through nice back roads. Definitely light weight compared to the KLR. Very reliable. I have over 15k miles on mine with not a single hiccup, other than a new chain and tires and normal wear items. It always starts right up and goes. They are pretty darn reliable. There was potentially some issue with early build fuel pumps, but I haven't had a problem. There was a stator recall a few years back, but dealer took care of that. Feel free to ask any other specific questions, or search around the forum, most questions have been answered somewhere on here.

Back to top Go down
Salmonster

Salmonster

PostSubject: Re: New member from Delaware/New Jersey   New member from Delaware/New Jersey EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 am

I just bought a 2017 WR250R and like it a lot. I've worked in the motorcycle business for almost a decade now and this was my first "New Bike". It just gets better the more miles I put on it. The bike really does shine off the road. Having a six speed trans is great on the road. There are plenty of things to do to outfit these bikes, but really a skid plate and some hand guards are the only "must haves" before hitting the trails.

I'm located in southeast PA and have recently enjoyed the first two off-road trips on the WRR, once to the C&D Canal, and this weekend to Wharton State Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Delaware/New Jersey   New member from Delaware/New Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Delaware/New Jersey
Page 1 of 1