Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Electrical Issues. Code 46

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cal44

Electrical Issues. Code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Electrical Issues. Code 46   Electrical Issues. Code 46 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 3:28 pm

More Problems!! I have a 2008 WR250R with 1800 miles. This is my 2nd one. 1st one had 22,000 miles and never an issue.

Anyway, I was cruising on pavement at about 45 and the bike started to sputter bad, Pulled over and could barley keep it running. Turned it off and then it would not start. Bumped started it but would only run at low rpms. Limped home but the bike actually ran slightly better when I used more electrical power. High beam and horn actually helped a little.

Went and had the stator replaced but that didn't fix it. Bought a new battery too. Getting code 46. Anyone know what that one is?

When connected to the charger and try to start, the starter just buzzes, then the display cuts out completely. EFI is engaging. When I turn the blinkers on, the front ones work fast and both right and left go at the same time. Rear blinkers worked properly. When trying to start without the trickle charger, I get a similar result but sometimes nothing happens including no display. I've checked the wiring harness and all plugs as well.(pulled the tank and radiator mounts to access everything. Checked the kill switch and fuses. Pulled headlight/ taillight and inspected for bare wires, etc.

Looking for any feedback. Trying everything I can berfore bringing it to a dealer or shop for diagnostics. Thanks in advance!!
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues. Code 46   Electrical Issues. Code 46 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:17 pm

46 is power supply to the fuel injection system relay is not normal. Check ECU connector. Malfunction of regulator/rectifier. Somewhere on the internet I down loaded a shop manual for free.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues. Code 46   Electrical Issues. Code 46 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 7:34 pm

For me the ECU connector has been the source of all my problems with the bike. Wiggle it around while pushing in. Get the shop manual and find the appropriate wires for the code and push them in individually.
Back to top Go down
Cal44

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues. Code 46   Electrical Issues. Code 46 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 am

miniceptor86 wrote:
For me the ECU connector has been the source of all my problems with the bike.  Wiggle it around while pushing in.  Get the shop manual and find the appropriate wires for the code and push them in individually.  

Fixed it! Bought a bad battery. Bought another one and problem solved wings

Thanks for the feedback and help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electrical Issues. Code 46   Electrical Issues. Code 46 Empty

Back to top Go down

Electrical Issues. Code 46
Page 1 of 1