Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CC_Rider

Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight Empty
PostSubject: Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight   Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:40 pm

I seem to be a lot lighter than anyone else who has posted suspension settings for a wr250r... 140lbs without gear

Just looking for some baseline settings or a combo that someone else has used that works for general dual sport riding. I don't hit jumps or go hard offroad.. and even if I did I doubt I would bottom out even with the clickers set all the way soft..

One thing I would like to dial in however is the rear end action on washboards, especially going up hill. It really seems to lose traction when the bumps are small and fast
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight   Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 am

Set the rebound at 3 out on the shock and the compression most of the way out ie 8-10 clicks out.
Run the spring preload as soft as you can too, since your really lite back the preload off until the spring wiggles on the shock then add just enough preload to keep the spring in place.
The problem with the shock is it needs 50% more rebound and you cant add that much adjusting the clickers, this makes the rear of the bike dance around on small bumps and kick straight up on larger ones. Running the rebound clicker on max (3 out) and as little preload as possible helps a lot and gets it closer to where it should be.

On the forks simply turn the compression out most of the way, they're a touch stiff but don't do anything bad.
Back to top Go down

Compression and Rebound starting point for a lightweight
Page 1 of 1