Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

08 Wr250r start issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mxr4eva06

08 Wr250r start issues Empty
PostSubject: 08 Wr250r start issues   08 Wr250r start issues EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 2:36 am

New to the forum, and new to the 08 wr250r. Not new to bikes or anything related. But I am stumped. 08 wr250r. Bought the bike with bad ignition, bad fuel pump, and no airfilter or battery. Fixed the ignition and installed a new battery/filter and the bike fired right over with some starting fluid. I just wanted to make sure she would run. So I just installed another fuel pump, cleared any fault codes, changed the sparkplug, verified spark, fuel pump is priming and I have lots of fuel at the rail. When I go to start it, the bike just cranks. If I hold her wide open and release it will fire and idle then die. I cannot give it any throttle when running either. I'm thinking maybe a clogged injector but am not sure how to check the injector itself. Any thoughts or anything I'm missing. Just seems I'm not getting fuel past the injector and that's why it's not running
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

08 Wr250r start issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 Wr250r start issues   08 Wr250r start issues EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 am

mxr4eva06 wrote:
New to the forum, and new to the 08 wr250r. Not new to bikes or anything related. But I am stumped. 08 wr250r. Bought the bike with bad ignition, bad fuel pump, and no airfilter or battery. Fixed the ignition and installed a new battery/filter and the bike fired right over with some starting fluid. I just wanted to make sure she would run. So I just installed another fuel pump, cleared any fault codes, changed the sparkplug, verified spark, fuel pump is priming and I have lots of fuel at the rail. When I go to start it, the bike just cranks. If I hold her wide open and release it will fire and idle then die. I cannot give it any throttle when running either. I'm thinking maybe a clogged injector but am not sure how to check the injector itself. Any thoughts or anything I'm missing. Just seems I'm not getting fuel past the injector and that's why it's not running

Check the battery (the bike is FI and the battery/charging system plays a key part in getting it running), valve clearance, check for a vacuum leak as well (look around the Throttle body for cracked hoses or missing plugs).
Back to top Go down

08 Wr250r start issues
Page 1 of 1