Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skate lakai

2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues Empty
PostSubject: 2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues   2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 7:48 pm

So i was doing some trail riding a few days ago on my 2017 WR250R and was messing around with my buddies hitting some jumps, and of course, I went down. when I picked the bike up and hopped on I realized I did not have a front brake anymore. Noticed the banjo bolt at the master cylinder came loose and brake fluid was leaking out of it. Which made me think I could just tighten it up, bleed the brakes and be good to go. Instead I thought, this is the perfect time to upgrade to a stainless steel line. Which I did and bought the Galfer stainless steel line. Yesterday I installed the line and bled the brakes and I could not get any pressure into the lever. When I open the bleeder valve and pull in the brake lever a solid stream of brake fluid comes out. Theres no air at all in the line but I cant seem to get any pressure. I filled up the reseviour 3 times before giving up. Now I think it might be something else. Maybe with the caliper? But I am no mechanic, I understand basics and can follow directions from videos and such, and this is my first bike. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be or have had similar issues? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread this is my first post. Thanks
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues   2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 12:51 am

skate lakai wrote:
When I open the bleeder valve and pull in the brake lever a solid stream of brake fluid comes out.

If that is the case, then when you close the bleeder valve the brake level pressure should push the brake fluid through some other opening, which means that there should be some pool of brake fluid accumulating somewhere.

Did you make sure that the brake line is torqued correctly at both ends (master cylinder and caliper)?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues   2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 3:48 am

Describe your bleeding procedure, step by step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues   2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

2017 WR250R Front Brake Issues
Page 1 of 1