Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamalink Install Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandpa Bigdog

Yamalink Install Question Empty
PostSubject: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm

I purchased a Yamalink for my '09 WR250R but am having problems getting it installed.  When I was removing the old link, there was a lot of pressure on the rear bolt and I had to use a hammer to knock it out.  When it finally popped out, the bracket that the rear attaches to (which the shock is mounted on) moved backwards and now the holes don't line up with my new Yamalink.  Any ideas on how to go about fixing this?  Thanks....

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/75/01/20/yamali10.jpg
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 am

Looks like you have the bike supported by the shock mount?  You need to support it from the frame or skid plate under the engine, then move the swingarm up or down until the shock mount and link holes align.

Back to top Go down
Grandpa Bigdog

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 3:27 pm

I've currently got it supported by a rear stand that goes under the swingarms, so it sounds like that may be the problem, thanks! I'll figure out another way to get the ass end up in the air and see if that helps. Thanks again....
Back to top Go down
Grandpa Bigdog

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks again wwguy for the help.  I bought a scissors platform jack and by using it to lift the bike from under the skid plate, the holes lined up perfectly. cheers   Thanks again.....
Back to top Go down
Grandpa Bigdog

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:38 pm

One more question.  Anyone know what size the bottom nut on the shock is?  It appears to be 25mm but would like to know before I go buy a wrench for it.  Thanks...

Yamalink Install Question Shock_10
Back to top Go down
BillMoore

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Not sure what size it is, but I just used an adjustable wrench on mine. That worked just fine, so if you have one lying around, no need to buy a tool just for that one nut...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink Install Question   Yamalink Install Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamalink Install Question
Page 1 of 1