Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone...Mirrors?

Go down 
+4
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
john92
King Wolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
King Wolf

King Wolf

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 am

Hey was looking around on ebay just yesterday and noticed these mirrors for the WR250R and X....
And they look pretty cool if i do say so myself. and For $40? Do you think there worth it
Like the Carbon Fiber design.
Let me know what you guys think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-Mirror-XT660R-XT660X-WR250R-WR250X-Tenere-XT125R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efa6d2354QQitemZ270489428820QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
john92

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:21 am

They don't look too bad. It's cool that they come with all the neccessary adapters at least. They would probably go with more of a street/supermoto setup though.
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Typically what you are going to find with mirrors is you get what you pay for. Cheapo mirrors are going to be flimsy, vibrate a lot and distort the image.

I bought take-off Aprilia SXV mirrors and they are great. They also fold back in the event of a crash. They aren't cheap though but they work and look great.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 pm

I have folding KTM Mirrors on my WR250R: http://www.moto-science.com/product/73808/KTM-Folding-Mirrors-225-325mm-Adjustable-Stems-Pair_330261.html

They’re too much $$.......but they’re also REALLY nice…….

Anyone...Mirrors? Wrmirrorup

Anyone...Mirrors? Wrmirrorfolded
Back to top Go down
skierd

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:04 pm

When I get around to it I'm going to order a pair of the dual star mirrors.

Carbon fiber's pretty, but I'd expect them to get yanked sooner than later...
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 am

Need pics and links to sources guys...

I bought cheapies and got what I paid for.

She's glued them at the pivot points thinking it will reduce the vibration.

There's got to be another solution.
Back to top Go down
Edgydrifter

Edgydrifter

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:25 am

Crawdaddy wrote:
I have folding KTM Mirrors on my WR250R: http://www.moto-science.com/product/73808/KTM-Folding-Mirrors-225-325mm-Adjustable-Stems-Pair_330261.html

They’re too much $$.......but they’re also REALLY nice…….

Anyone...Mirrors? Wrmirrorup

Anyone...Mirrors? Wrmirrorfolded

Hello
Can you tell me how these are working out? Vibration wise, and did they solve the problem of only seeing your shoulders in the mirrors? At least thats my big cripe with the stockers. Thanks
Back to top Go down
dmulk

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:31 pm

http://www.moto-science.com/product/73808/KTM-OEM-Folding-mirror-280mm-perch-mount-10mmx125mm_692483.html

I went with these. They are pretty great vibration wise. Just make sure you ask this vendor to send you the left side reverse adapter. He'll include the kits for a few bucks more.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Edgydrifter wrote:
Hello
Can you tell me how these are working out? Vibration wise, and did they solve the problem of only seeing your shoulders in the mirrors? At least thats my big cripe with the stockers. Thanks
I'm pretty happy with'em.......they don't "bounce" when folded as I had feared they might (just need to set the proper tension at the elbow).......visibilty is very good (when set up fully extended as shown in my photos)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone...Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone...Mirrors?   Anyone...Mirrors? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone...Mirrors?
Page 1 of 1