Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X Highway Tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HiQ

WR250X Highway Tires Empty
PostSubject: WR250X Highway Tires   WR250X Highway Tires EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 pm

So just noticed a little cord poke (whoa) and I'm looking for some new tires. I'm pretty sure my 2010 WR250X is still on its stockers, so it's definitely time.

I've been using it almost 100% for commuting this year. About 45 miles each way with maybe 1 mile of dirt/gravel.

I did some quick googling and people seem to love the Michelin Pilot Road 4, Metzeler Sportec M7 RR or Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3. Any other suggestions or comments? Not sure what to grab, but I'll be replacing front and back. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Marylander

WR250X Highway Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X Highway Tires   WR250X Highway Tires EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 2:07 pm

I've been through quite a few pilot roads starting with the 2s on other bikes (cbr1000rr and versys). They last a long time and have great grip in the dry, wet, cold. Great commuting tires. My X came with a set of new avon distanzia, which I haven't mounted yet, so I won't be putting pilot roads on it any time soon. I might go with more of a track day tire at some point as it's so much fun to throw the X into corners even with sport touring tires. Track day tires would mean I can be over the top stupid with cornering speed. bannana
Back to top Go down

WR250X Highway Tires
Page 1 of 1